Hello Everyone! Fried Chicken has the key to everyone’s heart. Regardless of the high calories content, KFC and Popeyes will continue to have a line up of customers, because it is just that damn good!! However, at some point we just have to put our […]
Month: July 2017
Hello Everyone! TGIF!! Been looking forward to the weekend from like Monday, this week was a hassle right from the very first day; and I could not wait for it to be over already. Today’s recipe is one of those special dishes I enjoy, but […]
I hope you are having a nice day. Today’s recipe is a quick meal you can whip up in no time, yet it still feels like you are eating from a fancy restaurant in your own home. My simple but rich Seafood Tomato Sauce will do the trick anytime with maximum satisfaction. As always, this dish is affordable and not time consuming at all. I was able to get all the ingredients from an Asian grocery store and we know how affordable they are. The seafood is from the frozen section but if you can afford fresh seafood by all means go for it, the fresher the better.
I served my rich thick sauce with steamed rice, so delicious my gawd! with every spoon there was a little snail meat and shrimp in it. I paired my leftover sauce with pasta as well as grilled potatoes. This is one meal you just have to try, and you’ll be testifying to its goodness. For all my seafood lovers, this is a win; continue reading to try this recipe.
Now let’s get to it.
Seafood Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup of Cleaned Deveined Shrimp
- 1 Cup of Clams
- ½ a Cup of Frozen Snail Meat
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 5-6 Dry Chili Peppers
- 1 Shallot (thinly sliced)
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 Chopped Scallion (white parts only)
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp of Black pepper
- ½ tsp of White Pepper
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 Seasoning Cube
- Cameroon Pepper (optional)
- Parsley (for garnish)
- 3 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Step 1 Boil hot water and add to clams and snail meat. The clams will pop open
- Step 2 allow to sit in hot water for 5 mins. Drain and set aside. Clean snail meat properly before adding hot water.
- Step 3 Blend tomatoes, bell pepper and dry chili pepper. If you want the heat to be mild reduce quantity of chili pepper to 2 or 3.
- Step 4 In a saucepan, add olive oil on medium heat. When it is hot, add scallion and shallot. Stir for 1-2 minutes and add minced garlic
- Step 5 continue stirring for another 1-2 minutes and add tomato mixture.
- Step 6 Cook tomato mixture for 6-8 minutes then add seasoning. Add salt according to preferences. I added Cameroon pepper to add flavor, I love the unique flavor it gives to the sauce. Stir properly and allow to cook for an additional 7-9 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt.
- Step 7 Add Seafood and leave to simmer for 5-7 minutes until all ingredients marry together with the seafood. You can make the texture of the sauce thin or thick
- Step 8 I made mine thick. Keep in mind the sauce gets thicker when it is cooling.
- Step 9 Garnish with Parsley and your food is ready!!
Hello Everyone! I hope you are having a great week! Today’s recipe is perfect for a nice Sunday lunch or dinner with your friends and family. I had this deliciousness on Sunday for lunch with my friends. They came over for the weekend and I […]
I hope you are having a great week! It has been a while since I posted a recipe on the blog, and I did not want to leave you all hanging. So here is a simple recipe to my Skillet Roast Chicken. It is easy to prepare,with easily sourced ingredients and most importantly deeellicious!😋 I used a skillet because it gives the chicken a nice smokey flavor once the liquids dry out and it begins to char a little, as well as a crispy browned skin. Now who doesn’t love a properly seasoned chicken with crispy skin to bite on; I know I do and I am sure at Zinny Factor your readers will love this recipe too😊. I paired this with couscous and my pepper sauce, and it was just wonderful. You can pair this with pretty much any side of your choice, it’s one of those things you have fun with. To achieve this recipe, click on the link below and keep reading.
Now let’s get to this
Simple Skillet Roast Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken (cut into pieces)
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of Chili peppers (optional)
- 1 tsp of Black Pepper
- ½ tsp of White Pepper
- 1 and ½ tbsp of All purpose Seasoning
- 4-5 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 cup of Chicken Broth (recommended for more flavor but optional)
- 1 Medium Carrot (cut into chunks)
- 1 Large Onion (cut into chunks)
- 1 Head of Garlic (with the skin)
- 2 Lemon (cut 1 into wedges)
- ¼ cup of Olive oil
- Step 1 Clean and dry chicken. Place chicken parts in a bowl.
- Step 2 Add your seasonings except vegetables, lemon and thyme. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 3 Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate for at least an hour, for best result 5 hours or overnight.
- Step 4 Preheat Oven to 370 F degrees
- Step 5 Place vegetables,lemon wedges and chicken parts into your skillet, squeeze half a lemon juice on top of chicken and top with fresh thyme.Add chicken broth to your skillet.
- Step 6 Place skillet in your oven for an hour and 30 mins or until it is fully cooked, browned and skin is crispy.
- Step 7 Your food is ready!
- Step 8 Serve with any side of your choice
Hello Everyone! I hope you are having a great week so far. I am gradually getting exhausted😣 and I cannot wait for the week to be over; I need my 8 hours of sleep and a day to really not do anything. Ugh I need a […]
I hope you are all having a lovely Sunday. I am having a lazy Sunday morning so I decided to get into the kitchen and prepare something different for breakfast. I was watching the real 😍😍(I love that show btw) earlier this week and I came across a meal that was prepared on the show. It is called Mofongo and it is enjoyed by a lot of Puerto Ricans, actually it is a local dish. I thought to myself this is new and it is something I would like to try, considering the fact I grew up eating a lot of plantains. I usually have them fried with eggs for breakfast or as a side with Jollof Rice; if you are Nigerian, then you will understand what I am talking about; plantain is like a national treasure alongside Jollof Rice and Porridge Beans. However, I thought since I am making breakfast how about I bring plantain and eggs together as one and make it look like mini pancakes because I love having pancakes for breakfast. In an hour, viola! we have this beautiful Plantain Breakfast Patty. Very delicious, fluffy on the inside and light😋😋. I had this and I was full but I did not feel like I was about to explode. This is perfect for our fitfam audience that want something different and healthy for breakfast. If you want to achieve this, continue reading 😀 Trust me you gotta try this! 👌
Hey Zinny Factor here is another recipe, I am sure your readers will love.
Now let’s get to it.
Breakfast Plantain Patty
- 2 Yellow Plantains
- 2 Eggs
- Bell Peppers (diced about 3 tbsp )
- 1 Scallion (finely chopped)
- Red Onion (diced about 3 tbsp)
- 1 tbsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of Crushed Chili Pepper
- A pinch of Cameroon Pepper (optional, added for flavor)
- 1 Seasoning Cube
- 1 tbsp of Butter
- 4 tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- ¼ cup of Flour
- 5 tbsp of Breadcrumbs
- 5-6 Cups of Water
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 375 degree F.
- Step 2 Peel plantain and cut into big chunks. Place into pot with water and salt. Bring to a boil until it is really soft, It should take 20-30 minutes. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 3 Drain plantain into sieve and leave until water in plantain is completely drained out and plantain becomes dry.
- Step 4 Place into a bowl and mash, the plantain will still have some big lumps. Add eggs and continue mashing until completely smooth. Add chopped vegetables, paprika, red chili pepper, Cameroon pepper, seasoning cube, 2 tbsp of breadcrumbs and salt. Mix properly and set aside. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 5 Heat pan with oil and butter on medium low heat. Rub flour into your palm, using a spoon, scoop some mash into palm and form into a patty one after the other. Top remaining breadcrumbs on plantain patty. Make sure your palm is covered with flour because it will help bind the mash together.
- Step 6 Place patty in pan and sear on both sides for 4-5 mins each or until sides become brown and crunchy. Place patties into oven and bake for 20-25 so the insides can cook properly and the patties will begin to firmly form.
- Step 7 Your patty is ready!!
- Step 8 Serve with ketchup or mayo and any breakfast sides of choice.
Hello Everyone! I hope you had a great week. Today’s recipe is my own style of Jamaican Curry Goat, I am really proud and confident about this recipe because it has been a long time coming. I love Caribbean food so much!😋😍 So I am happy […]