Hello Everyone! I hope you are having a great week! Today’s recipe is one that is perfect for the current weather condition. Pepper Soup is a West-African soup prepared using different kinds of meat with peppers, onion, crayfish and local pepper soup spices as its […]
Month: July 2017
Happy new week! So Super bowl 51 was on yesterday and I must say that was one intense game and history was indeed made last night. Congratulations to the Patriots!!💃💃 To accompany the game, I made these amazing salmon rolls and it was paired with potato chips on the side. Oh la la deeeliicious!! really good and I am not saying this because it is my recipe and this is my blog, but it is just that damn good; and I think you should try it👍. Super easy to make and not time consuming at all. I was able to prepare this an hour before the game and I was not exhausted when the game came on. I also had my Chicken Wings with Spicy Honey Butter Sauce on the table and we washed this down with Texas Peach Tea(happy drink😉). Hey Zinny Factor, here is another recipe I am sure your viewers will love 😃
Now let’s get to it.
Salmon Rolls with Potato Chips
- 6-8 Hot Dog Buns
- 3-4 Salmon fillet
- 2 cups of chopped Cabbage
- 1 small Cucumber (Diced)
- ½ a cup of Sweet Kernel Corn
- 2 medium sized Carrots (Grated)
- 1 medium sized Onion (sliced)
- 3-4 tbsp of Sriracha Mayonnaise (or regular mayo)
- 1 tbsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 tbsp of Lime juice
- 4-5 tbsp of Butter
- 2 tbsp of Olive oil
- Step 1 Clean and dry salmon fillet with paper towel. Season with salt, black pepper and paprika. Grill for 5-6 minutes or more depending on preference. Set aside and leave to cool. When cool, shred fish with a fork or with your hands.
- Step 2 In a pan, add your olive oil and onion and cook until caramelized. Set aside to cool.
- Step 3 In a small bowl, add your cabbage, carrots, cucumber, sweet corn, caramelized onion, mayo, dijon mustard and shredded salmon. Season with black pepper, paprika, lime juice, a pinch of salt and mix properly. Store in fridge until ready to serve.
- Step 4 Butter your hot dog buns and set on a grill for 2-3 mins and set aside.
- Step 5 Top your buns with salmon mix and serve with any potato chips of choice
- Step 6
Recipe inspired and adopted from Chrissy Teigen’s cooking book Cravings! but has been revamped with a little Food Disciple twist to it. Great cooking book, grab yourself a copy!
Hello Everyone, Today’s recipe is Texas peach tea. This recipe was inspired by Tiffani Thiessen from her show on the cooking channel and it is soo goood!!. I call this “my happy drink” because it tastes really good, but at the same time you are […]
I hope you are all having a great week. Today I will be sharing a quick recipe on the blog. This is my Indian style vegetable fried rice. It is very easy and fast to prepare and simply delicious. I paired this plate of deliciousness with my Grilled Red Snapper and it was just perfect! Party in my mouth 💃💃 In less than 30 mins literally anyone can achieve this.
Now let’s get to it.
Vegetable Fried Rice (Indian Style)
- Steamed Basmati Rice (2 cups, cooked and cooled)
- 1 Cup of Bell Peppers (chopped)
- 3 Stalks of Scallions (chopped)
- ½ cup of Yellow Onion (sliced)
- 1 Cup of Mixed Vegetables ( carrot, corn, and green peas)
- 2 tsp of White Pepper
- 2 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 tsp of Cameroon Pepper (optional)
- 2 tsp of Cumin
- 1 tbsp of Sesame Oil
- 4 tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Seasoning Cubes (Chicken or Vegetable flavor)
- 1 tbsp of Sugar
- Step 1 In a wok, heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and when hot add some yellow onion, some scallions (white parts only). Cook for 1-2 mins on medium high heat.
- Step 2 Add ½ a cup of bell peppers and ½ a cup of mixed vegetables
- Step 3 saute for 1-2 mins. Add 1 tsp of white pepper, crushed red pepper, Cameroon pepper, cumin and ½ tbsp of sugar. Saute for 1-2 mins and add one seasoning cube and salt. Saute for an additional 2 mins. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 4 Add 1 cup of steamed rice and mix gently, adjust salt and pepper if needed and add ½ tbsp of sesame oil and scallions (green parts only). Stir fry on medium high heat for 2-4 mins. Repeat process with the remaining cup of rice and ingredients.
- Step 5 Your food is ready!!
- Step 6
- Step 7 Serve rice with any choice of protein
Hello Everyone! I hope you are having a great week. Today’s recipe is my delicious, well seasoned grilled red snapper fish. Red Snapper is one of my favorite fish and it was a no-brainer when I wanted to cook something nice for my mum. She […]
I hope you all had a beautiful Christmas! Mine was just lovely, I spent time with my friends and family, had amazing meals and dessert and lastly I rested. It was just a well rounded day for me and I achieved and reached every point of satisfaction I could wish for on Christmas day. One of the dishes that graced my table for lunch is this beautiful tray of Cornish Game hens and I served it with potatoes and carrots.Cornish Game Hen is basically a young immature chicken, it is smaller and easier to cook in my opinion. Oh My! 😋 Just marvelous, very juicy, properly seasoned and deeeliicious!😍 This is one meal that was greatly enjoyed and will definitely be a constant for special occasions in my home. It is affordable and fast to prepare, it does not require too much preparation or a certain level of expertise to prepare, this can be prepared by literally anyone. To achieve this meal, follow the instructions below 👇👇👇
Now let’s get to it.
Roast Cornish Game Hens
- Cornish Hen (2)
- 4 White Potatoes (cleaned and wedged)
- 2 Medium sized Carrots (cleaned and cut in chunks)
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 1 tbsp of Paprika
- ½ tbsp of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp of Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Seasoning Cube (Chicken Flavor…optional)
- 2 Lemon (wedged)
- 1 Garlic Head
- 2 Medium size Yellow Onion (cleaned and cut in chunks)
- 2 Sprigs of Rosemary leaves
- 2 Sprigs of Thyme
- 1 and ½ cups of Chicken Stock
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Step 2 In a bowl, combine butter, paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, seasoning cube and salt. Mix and set aside. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 3 In a baking tray or dish, add your carrots, potatoes, lemon, onions, 1 sprig of thyme and rosemary. Lastly add your chicken stock into the baking tray or dish.
- Step 4 Clean your hens and make sure it is completely dry. Gently rub your hens with your marinade and properly coat all areas of the hen. Into the cavity of each hens, place a lemon wedge, an onion quarter,.half a garlic head, 1 sprig of rosemary and 1 sprig thyme.
- Step 5 Place marinated hen in baking tray and place into oven for 45 mins to an hour. Roast until hens are golden brown or completely cooked.
Hello Everyone, I hope you are having a good day. Here is a quick recipe you can prepare and enjoy for lunch or dinner. While I was preparing the feast I and my friends enjoyed for Christmas, I was able to prepare this for lunch […]