Its Black History Month!! And you know what I love the most about February? Is that we get to celebrate and showcase the range of beauty, genius and culture of some of the most remarkable people to walk the earth. I love being Black, I […]
This is one recipe that warms my heart. In January I decided to be Vegan for 21 days and I fell in love with the lifestyle. Although I am not completely sold or ready to go on a plant based journey, it has certainly influenced […]
Pork, Rice and Fried Plantain Stuffed Peppers topped with some Mozzarella Cheeesseee 😁
Love in my mouth and this was worth every second 😋
- 2 lbs Chopped Pork Meat
- 2 tbsp of Butter
- 1/4 Cup of Oil
- 3 tsp Garlic and chili paste
- 3 stalks of Chopped Scallions
- 2 Seasoning Cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Ginger powder
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground chili pepper
- 1/2 Chopped Green bell pepper
- 1/2 Cup of Lima beans
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Nutmeg (optional)
- Salt (according to preference)
- 2-3 Cups of Parboiled White Rice (washed)
- 1/2 Cup Meat Stock/water
- 2 Plantains (cubed & Fried)
- 1 Cup Mozzarella cheese
- Season meat with 1 tsp of salt and set aside. I use Kosher salt. PS: Wash and dry meat before use.
- Heat butter and oil in pan until hot, add your meat and cook until browned.
- Add your scallions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add your garlic and chili paste and cook for 1-2 minutes. Now add your seasonings: (Italian seasoning, seasoning cube, nutmeg, ground chili, coriander, onion powder, bay leaves). Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add your Lima beans and bell pepper and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add your washed rice and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add your meat stock or water, cover with foil to steam until soft. Adjust your seasoning with salt if needed and add your fried plantain, stir and leave to steam for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Preheat Oven to 375 F. Butter your baking tray, and bell peppers and season with salt. Add your rice in pepper, cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes. Remove and top with mozzarella cheese, place back in oven uncovered for an additional 6-10 minutes.
- Your food is ready!
Made this beauty a while ago, still enjoying this deliciousness 😋 1 or maybe 2 a day wont hurt nobody 😁 I have a lot of ways I make my banana bread, my love for banana bread is unending, beyond explanation 😍This recipe produces a […]
Let this bowl of Carrot Soup warm and bright up your day. Perfect for a cold winter or rainy day. My carrot soup topped with Chorizo, Cream and Scallions 😋 Ingredients 1 Lbs of Carrots ( chopped in chunks) 1 Celery ( chopped in chunks) […]
Summer Summer Summer Time 🎶
Nothing screams summer like corn! Its almost corn season and I am all over it👍
Want something light, creamy and delicious for dinner? Wanna impress your guests at your next dinner party?
Try out my Corn Coulis recipe. I served it with some Pan Fried Shrimp 🍤 and Breaded Basa Fillet Fish 😋 yum yum yum
Gluten Free Protein Packed Pancakes? Yes Please! 🙋 Who knew Beans Pancakes could look and taste this good 😃 I am in love with this recipe and it has gradually become one of my favorite breakfast meal 😋😍 Try out my uberlicious Fluffy Beans Pancakes […]
Chicken Gizzard and Pepper Salad
- 1 lb Chicken Gizzards
- 4 Bell Peppers (sliced)
- 4 Cups of Mixed Green Salad
- 1 Small Onion (sliced)
- 1 Clove of Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 1 Seasoning Cubes
- 2 tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 tsp of Chili Powder
- Kosher Salt
- 4 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Step 1 Wash and clean your chicken gizzards. In a small pot, add your gizzards and season with salt, 1 seasoning cube, 1 tsp of black pepper and chili powder. Cook on medium heat for 2-4 minutes to let its natural juices extract from the gizzards. Then add enough water to cover the gizzards and cook for 15-20 mins on medium heat. Sieve and set gizzards aside.
- Step 2 In a pot, heat 2 tbsp of oil on medium heat. Once it is hot, add your gizzards to the oil and saute until just slightly brown. Add your onions, bell peppers, 2 tbsp of oil, salt and black pepper and saute until onion and bell peppers is slightly soft with a crunch. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Step 3 In a bowl, add your mixed greens, your sauteed gizzards, onions and bell peppers. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Step 4 Your salad is ready!!