Asian cuisine is one of my absolute favorite type of food😍. The Asian palate is very pleasing to everyone regardless of your race or culture. Asian cooking is easy and versatile and it is achievable by literally anyone. I enjoy cooking Asian cuisines any day any time, and this Black Pepper Honey Beef sauce is a constant meal in my kitchen; this dish is affordable and very fast to prepare. Once you have common ingredients in your pantry such as soy sauce, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce, rice wine vinegar etc. you can literally prepare any Asian food (mostly Chinese) in 30 mins or less. Black Pepper Steak is one of usual orders when I go out to eat and this recipe is a recreation of that dish but a little bit on the sweet side. This sauce is perfect with steamed plain rice, pasta or noodles (Chow Mein/ Lo Mein)😋. This is a great comfort meal for me during the week because I can have it ready in no time and it does not require me slaving in the kitchen. Zinny Factor here is another recipe I know your readers will love. Try this recipe and I will love to hear your feedback 😊
Now let’s get to it.
Black Pepper Honey Beef Sauce
- 2lbs of Stir Fry Beef
- 3 Green Bell Peppers (cut in chunks)
- 2 Medium Carrot (chopped)
- 1 Large Onion (chopped)
- 1 tbsp of Ground Chili with Fried Garlic Paste
- 4 tbsp of Oyster sauce
- 1 tbsp of dark Soy sauce
- 3-4 tbsp of Soy sauce
- 3 tbsp of Honey
- 1 tbsp of Sriracha
- 8-10 tbsp of Cooking Wine/Beef/Chicken Stock
- 1 ½ tbsp of Ground Black Pepper/freshly crushed black pepper
- 4 tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- Step 1 To prepare sauce: In a bowl, mix together your oyster sauce, soy sauce, dark soy sauce, honey, sriracha, black pepper and cooking wine or stock. Combine properly and set aside.
- Step 2 In a wok pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil on high heat. Clean and lightly season beef with salt and some black pepper. Stir fry beef in wok when oil is hot for 3-4 minutes. Remove beef and set aside in a different plate or bowl.
- Step 3 In a clean wok pan, heat up 2 tbsp of oil on medium high heat. When oil is hot, add your onions and chili garlic paste saute for 1-2 minutes. Now add your carrots and green bell pepper and saute for an additional 2-3 minutes. Now add your sauce and cook for 1-2 minutes until sauce becomes thick and syrupy. Add your beef along with the juices from the beef on the plate. Stir properly and allow to cook for an additional 1-2 minutes, you do not want to overcook the beef as it will become tough.
- Step 4 Your sauce is ready!!
- Step 5 Serve with rice or pasta.