Let this bowl of Carrot Soup warm and bright up your day.
Perfect for a cold winter or rainy day. My carrot soup topped with Chorizo, Cream and Scallions 😋
- 1 Lbs of Carrots ( chopped in chunks)
- 1 Celery ( chopped in chunks) – 1 Large Sweet Onions (chopped in chunks)
- 2 Cup of Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp of Black Pepper
- Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 tsp Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tbsp of Butter
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Scallions (sliced)
- 2 Chorizo (sliced)
- Cream ( for topping)
- In a pot, heat butter and oil on medium heat until hot.
- Sauté Chorizo until crisp but not too dry. Remove Chorizo and set aside.
- Add onion in the same pot and saute for 2-3 minutes. Add your carrots and Celery. Season with black pepper, cayenne and salt. Sauté for an additional 5-7 minutes.
- Add your chicken broth, cover and cook for 8-10 or until vegetables have softened.
- Transfer vegetables to blender, add 2 ladles of broth and blend smooth. Add more broth depending on the consistency needed.
- Once you have achieved desired consistency, taste and adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Serve soup in a bowl and top with chorizo, scallions and cream. Cayenne is optional for topping.
- Food is ready!!