Made this beauty a while ago, still enjoying this deliciousness 😋 1 or maybe 2 a day wont hurt nobody 😁 I have a lot of ways I make my banana bread, my love for banana bread is unending, beyond explanation 😍This recipe produces a […]
Category: Appetizers & Snacks
Patatas Bravas is one dish I believe everyone should try, and it is just absolutely tasty. Patatas Bravas is a native Spanish dish that is usually enjoyed as an appetizer in most bars. I used to work at a Mexican restaurant and I cannot recall how much we had to serve or how many times I have had to prepare this for customers; what I can say is that it is absolutely tasty. What I love about this dish is how crunchy the potatoes are after it is fried (nicely salted) and the sauce is so sweet that it soaks right into the potatoes and let me not forget about the cheese and the lemon zest topping; this just puts it all together and it is party in my mouth😋. I added pork meat to my sauce because I cannot eat any food whatsoever without any form of meat😀, however this recipe will work without any form of protein. There is a beautiful balance between sweet and savory and the lemon zest gives it a little zing; this is just a perfect appetizer to get your taste buds going. I would love to hear your feedback on this recipe.
Now let’s get to it.
- 2 lbs of Shredded Pork Meat
- 2 Cans of Tomato Sauce
- 5-7 White Potatoes (cut in chunks)
- 1 Medium Spanish Onion (diced)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp of Chili Flakes
- 2 tbsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of Oregano
- 1 tsp of Rosemary Leaves
- 1 and ½ tbsp of Sugar
- 1 tbsp of Butter
- 2 tbsp of Olive oil
- Step 1 To prepare potatoes, peel, clean and cut potatoes into chunks. Toss in salt and grill on 375 F for an hour 30 mins. Traditionally patatas bravas are deep fried, if you would prefer frying, salt and fry potatoes. Toss in a little salt immediately it comes out of the oil.
- Step 2 To make tomato sauce, heat up oil and butter in a saucepan and heat on medium heat. When oil is hot, add onions and saute until soft and translucent. Add 1 tbsp of paprika, 1 tbsp chili flakes and saute for 1-2 minutes. Add garlic and saute for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Step 3 Add tomato sauce, sugar, salt and remaining chili flakes and paprika. Reduce heat to medium low and cook covered for 15-20 minutes. Taste for seasoning, adjust with salt if needed and add more chili flakes if you want it more spicy. Add your pork and cook for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- Step 4 Your tomato sauce is ready!!
- Step 5 Serve sauce on fried/grilled potatoes, top with cheese, parsley or basil leaves and lemon zest.
Hello Everyone! Welcome to September! We are already getting to the end of what has been a beautiful and eventful year so far. I am honestly looking forward to Christmas! I think I am ready to see what 2018 holds for me😊. Today’s recipe is […]
Hello Everyone! Banana Bread is one of my favorite snacks that I make often. In my home, nothing goes to waste and all my soft, mushy bananas all go in making banana bread. The key to a good banana bread is using the softest banana […]
This is another one of those recipes I have been meaning to blog about and to be frank I have been lazy getting to it 😀 Moi Moi is a Nigerian delight made from blended beans as the base and steamed in a hot water bath. It is very healthy and a perfect source of protein for us Nigerians compared to the other kinds of food we eat (mostly rice). It is mostly enjoyed as a side with Jollof Rice and Fried rice and you can also enjoy on its own as well. The beauty about Moi Moi is that you can enjoy it plain or you can stuff with any choice of protein; trust Nigerians we never enjoy anything plain. Moi Moi is usually stuffed with boiled eggs, mackerel fish or corned beef; I used shredded chicken thighs instead of Mackerel in my recipe. Moi Moi is easy to prepare but the preparation is very intricate, and you will have to follow the steps as stated. I recommend making the batter over the weekend and store in the refrigerator, batter can last up to a week. I honestly lovee this dish, very deelicious and to me Jollof is not complete without moi moi as a side. I do not think moi moi has been given the praise it deserves as jollof does. Moi Moi is very moist and fluffy on the inside and with every bite, oh my orgasmic!😍😋 This is one dish I believe everyone should be making often, you do not need to be Nigerian to enjoy this wonderful dish; we definitely need the protein and our body will thank us for it. Try my recipe below and I will love to hear your feedback.
Now let’s get to it.
Moi Moi (Bean Cake)
- 2-3 Cups of Beans/ Beans Flour
- 1 Cup of Shredded Chicken
- ⅓ Cup of Corned Beef
- 1 medium sized Red Onion
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 3 Scotch Bonnet (remove seeds to reduce heat)
- 2 tbsp of Tomato Paste (optional)
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tbsp of ground CrayFish
- 2 Seasoning Cubes
- 1 tsp of Curry
- 2 Cooking Spoon of Vegetable/Olive oil
- 2-3 Cups of Water
- Tools for Beans Peeling:
- 2 Utility Bowls
- Cooking spoon
- Step 1 To get your beans ready, soak beans in cold water for 6 mins, drain water after soaking. In a blender, add 2 cooking spoons of beans and water enough to cover beans. Hit the pulse button only about 3-5 times so the skins can pull off the beans. Do not over do this step so you do not completely crush the beans, be very careful and us your eyes so you do not pulse more than needed. Also do not press the pulse button at a go, press the button for 2 seconds at a time. Transfer beans in blender to the other bowl and repeat the same process with the rest of the beans.
- Step 2 When you are done with the pulsing, rub beans between your palms to get the skins off the beans that did not get off in the blender. Pour the skins into the sieve so you do not block your drain. Repeat this process until you have clean skinless beans. I recommend using actual beans instead of bean flour because it tastes so much better and it has a better texture. There are tons of descriptive videos online so you can visually see how it is done. This is the fastest way to have this process done and I will be providing a video on this page soon.
- Step 3 If you are using bean flour, start from this step. Add peeled beans and all ingredients except eggs, cooking oil and meats, blend until smooth. Your batter should be as smooth, light and running as a pancake batter. Transfer to a clean bowl or stand mixer, whisk continuously using a mixer or wooden spoon if you do not have any. Whisking your batter incorporates air which will make your batter fluffy and light. Add your eggs one at a time while mixing as well as your oil. Whisk for 5-7 mins. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt or seasoning cube if needed. Add chicken and corned beef or any protein of choice, mix properly with a cooking spoon and your batter is ready. Your protein must be cooked.
- Step 4 Moi Moi is steamed to achieve the best result. You can use a ramekin, baking dish, aluminium foil pan etc. whichever you choose, your pan must be placed in a water bath, your water bath should cover your baking dish halfway when placed in, you do not want water sipping into your batter when cooking. Locally moi moi is cooked in Banana Leaves, but we will be using an easier cooking method.
- Step 5 Preheat oven to 400 degree F. Lightly butter your baking dish or pan. Place water bath in oven so water can get hot. Add batter in your coated baking dish, cover with foil so you can retain the steam. I usually leave my Moi Moi uncovered after it is cooked to get the top a little crispy. When oven is ready to go, place batter in your water bath and cook for 40-50 minutes.
- Step 6 Your Moi Moi is ready!!
- Step 7 Enjoy on its own or pair as a side with Rice.
Hello Everyone! I will not describe myself as a sweet tooth but when I have my unusual sweet cravings there are certain kinds of foods I like to enjoy. I loveee crepes and I enjoy them for breakfast and more frequently for dessert (when I […]
Summer is a great time to relax in the sun and enjoy sweet mouthwatering treats. My ginger berry tea is just one of the many ways I cool off on a hot sunny day. If you are in Canada, you understand how hot and humid the weather gets in this part of the world, it is excruciating☀😥. Not to worry, this recipe is simple and easy to whip up anytime of the day. With just 5 simple and affordable ingredients, you are able to achieve this deliciousness😋. Not only is this recipe sweeeeet, it is also packed with a lot of health benefits for you, omg can you imagine! Ginger helps lower cholesterol levels, helps fight indigestion, fights infections and helps with weight loss to name a few. A mixture of berries added is a great source of fiber and honey helps prevent cancer and heart disease. Amazing right and the best part, it is LOW IN CALORIES!😃 my favorite sentence. Try this recipe today and let me know what you think. Salute!!🍻
Now let’s get to it.
Ginger Berry Tea
- A knob of Ginger
- 1 Cup of Mixed Berries
- 3-4 Tea Bags
- 2-3 tbsp of Honey
- 4-5 Cups of Water
- Lemon Slices (Garnish)
- Ice Cubes (Garnish
- Step 1 Bring water to a boil in a large saucepan.
- Step 2 Add your ginger, mixed berries, tea bags and honey, reduce heat to low and leave to simmer for 25-30 minutes. Turn off and leave to steep.
- Step 3 Sieve tea into a pitcher or a clean bowl and leave to cool. Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Step 4 When ready to serve, garnish tea with ice cubes, frozen berries and lemon slices.
Hello Everyone! Fried Chicken has the key to everyone’s heart. Regardless of the high calories content, KFC and Popeyes will continue to have a line up of customers, because it is just that damn good!! However, at some point we just have to put our […]