Nigerian Fried Rice with Oven Grilled Suya Chicken
TIP: To achieve authentic Nigerian Fried Rice, prepare own chicken stock
- 2 Cups of Basmati Rice
- 2 Cups of Mixed Vegetables (carrots, corn, peas)
- 200g of Beef Liver
- 2 ½ Cups of Chicken Stock or substitute for store bought stock
- 2 tbsp of Curry
- 2 tbsp of Thyme
- 4 Seasoning Cubes
- Kosher Salt
- 3 Stalks of Scallions (chopped)
- 1 tbsp of Chili Powder
- 4 tbsp of Vegetable oil
- Quick Chicken Stock for Nigerian Fried Rice:
- 3-4 Chicken bones/quarters
- 1 small onion (blended)
- 1 ½ tsp of Curry powder
- 1 tsp of Thyme
- 1 Seasoning Cube
- 2 tsp of Chili Powder/ 1 scotch bonnet pepper (blend with onion)
- 3 Cups of Water
- Step 1 Cook beef liver with salt, 1 tsp of chili powder and water enough to cover liver, cook until tender. Cut into small cubes and set aside.
- Step 2 Make your chicken stock using listed ingredients. Cook stock for 20-25 minutes. Sieve out impurities from stock. Wash your Basmati rice and steam rice with sieved stock until tender. To steam rice cover pot with aluminium foil before putting on the lid, cook on low heat. Cook rice until tender and water is dried out. If you are using store bought stock, bring stock to a boil, season with little salt and 1 tsp of chili powder and steam rice.
- Step 3 In a large wok or pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil, once oil is hot, add half of your scallions and fry for 1-2 minutes. Now add half your seasoning: 1 tbsp of curry and thyme, 2 seasoning cubes, ½ tbsp of chili powder, some mixed vegetables, some liver and salt. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes and then add half of your rice and stir fry for an additional 4-5 minutes. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt if needed. Add salt according to preference. Repeat process with the rest of the ingredients and rice.
- Step 4 Your fried rice is ready!!
Oven-Grilled Suya Chicken Recipe Suya Chicken
Hello Everyone! We all have that week were we can’t seem to catch a break, we are so busy that thinking of lunch for work does not even come close; and you end up spending half of your budget for the week on getting fast […]
Oven Baked Suya Pepper Chicken
- 3 Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 Cup of Suya Pepper Spice
- 1/3 Cup of Olive Oil
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tbsp of Paprika
- 1/2 tsp of Cameroon Pepper (optional)
- 4-5 Szechuan Peppercorns
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 2 Seasoning Cubes
- 1 Small Onion
- ½ tbsp of Thyme
- 1/2 tbsp of Curry Powder
- 2 tbsp of Suya spice
- 1 Seasoning Cube
- 4-5 tbsp of olive oil
- Step 1 Seat oven to broil on low heat, pre-heat oven for 20-30mins
- Step 2 Clean and dry chicken, using a knife create 2 incisions per thigh so the marinade can penetrate into the chicken.
- Step 3 Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 4 Rub marinade on the chicken properly, cover and let marinate for 6 hours or at least an hour.
- Step 5 Place Chicken in a baking/grill pan (Skin side facing up) and place in the oven. Cook for 20 mins and then flip to the other side of the chicken. Cook for another 20 mins and then flip to the other part of the chicken (Skin side up again). Now glaze chicken with Suya spice and oil mixture and cook for another 10-15 mins or until chicken becomes golden brown and crisp.
- Step 6 Your Suya Chicken is Ready!!!
Hello Everyone! Fried Chicken has the key to everyone’s heart. Regardless of the high calories content, KFC and Popeyes will continue to have a line up of customers, because it is just that damn good!! However, at some point we just have to put our […]
I hope you are having a great week! It has been a while since I posted a recipe on the blog, and I did not want to leave you all hanging. So here is a simple recipe to my Skillet Roast Chicken. It is easy to prepare,with easily sourced ingredients and most importantly deeellicious!😋 I used a skillet because it gives the chicken a nice smokey flavor once the liquids dry out and it begins to char a little, as well as a crispy browned skin. Now who doesn’t love a properly seasoned chicken with crispy skin to bite on; I know I do and I am sure at Zinny Factor your readers will love this recipe too😊. I paired this with couscous and my pepper sauce, and it was just wonderful. You can pair this with pretty much any side of your choice, it’s one of those things you have fun with. To achieve this recipe, click on the link below and keep reading.
Now let’s get to this
Simple Skillet Roast Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken (cut into pieces)
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of Chili peppers (optional)
- 1 tsp of Black Pepper
- ½ tsp of White Pepper
- 1 and ½ tbsp of All purpose Seasoning
- 4-5 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 cup of Chicken Broth (recommended for more flavor but optional)
- 1 Medium Carrot (cut into chunks)
- 1 Large Onion (cut into chunks)
- 1 Head of Garlic (with the skin)
- 2 Lemon (cut 1 into wedges)
- ¼ cup of Olive oil
- Step 1 Clean and dry chicken. Place chicken parts in a bowl.
- Step 2 Add your seasonings except vegetables, lemon and thyme. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 3 Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate for at least an hour, for best result 5 hours or overnight.
- Step 4 Preheat Oven to 370 F degrees
- Step 5 Place vegetables,lemon wedges and chicken parts into your skillet, squeeze half a lemon juice on top of chicken and top with fresh thyme.Add chicken broth to your skillet.
- Step 6 Place skillet in your oven for an hour and 30 mins or until it is fully cooked, browned and skin is crispy.
- Step 7 Your food is ready!
- Step 8 Serve with any side of your choice