This is one recipe that warms my heart. In January I decided to be Vegan for 21 days and I fell in love with the lifestyle. Although I am not completely sold or ready to go on a plant based journey, it has certainly influenced […]
Made this beauty a while ago, still enjoying this deliciousness 😋 1 or maybe 2 a day wont hurt nobody 😁 I have a lot of ways I make my banana bread, my love for banana bread is unending, beyond explanation 😍This recipe produces a […]
Banana Bread is one of my favorite snacks that I make often. In my home, nothing goes to waste and all my soft, mushy bananas all go in making banana bread. The key to a good banana bread is using the softest banana you can get your hands on. It is very sweet which requires less sugar than normal, and it helps in achieving a moist texture. This recipe is perfect as an appetizer,dessert (top with ice cream), for breakfast or brunch served with hot Coco or can be enjoyed as a treat for you, your family and friends. One thing I really enjoy about this recipe is that it is sweet, moist and very very fluffy on the inside; to me ladies and gentlemen, that is the perfect combination😋. I decided to try something different with this recipe and I topped it with some toasted shredded coconut mmmhhmm I love coconut. Topping my bread with shredded coconut gave me that crunch that I love and get when I make my Southern Buttermilk Biscuits, giving it a little edge and taking my banana bread to another level. In order to make sure my topping sticks on the bread, I added coconut glaze to the bread which served as a binding agent for the shredded coconut to stick on the bread. Oh My God! 🙆turned out way better than I expected. The glaze adds another layer to the flavor and sweetness of the banana bread and the crunch and flavor from the coconut brings it in full circle😋😍. This recipe is one for the books and I just had to share this recipe with you all. Trust me you do not want to miss out on this amazing treat! I will love to hear your feedback.
Now let’s get to it.
Extra Moist Chocolate Banana Bread topped with Coconut glaze & Toasted Shredded Coconut
- Banana Bread:
- 3-4 over ripe Bananas
- 1 Cup of Semi- Sweetened Chocolate (melted)
- 1 ½ Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- ½ a Cup of Milk
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 stick of Softened Unsalted Butter
- ½ tbsp of Lime juice
- ½ cup of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup of Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tbsp of Melted Coconut oil
- ½ tsp of Coconut extract
- ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2- 3 tbsp of Milk
- Preparation Equipment:
- Loaf Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Toothpick (to make the swirl)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Butter your loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Let your parchment paper hang over both sides.
- Step 2 In a bowl mix your flour, baking powder and soda. Set aside.
- Step 3 In a different bowl, mash your bananas until smooth, add your milk and lemon juice. Properly mix and set aside.
- Step 4 Lastly in another bowl, combine your butter and sugar and whisk. Add your egg and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Step 5 Gently and slowly add your dry ingredients and banana mixture alternatively. Properly mix together. Add half of your mixture in your loaf pan, and then add your melted chocolate. Using a toothpick gently make a swirl on your banana bread by dragging the toothpick around your bread, incorporating both your bread and chocolate together. Now add the other half of your banana bread.
- Step 6 Bake for an hour or more if needed. Your bread is ready when you insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
- Step 7 Let your bread cool for 30 minutes in pan. Now take it out of the pan and place on a board or plate and let it completely cool.
- Step 8 To make your glaze, combine your coconut oil, milk, vanilla and coconut extract. Properly mix using a whisk until they are combined. Now add your confectioners sugar and mix until completely incorporated. If glaze is too thick loosen with very little milk, about a tbsp. Toast shredded coconut in a hot pan until browned.
- Step 9 Drizzle glaze on cooled banana bread and topped with toasted shredded coconut.
- Step 10 Enjoy!!!
Hello Everyone! I will not describe myself as a sweet tooth but when I have my unusual sweet cravings there are certain kinds of foods I like to enjoy. I loveee crepes and I enjoy them for breakfast and more frequently for dessert (when I […]
French Toast served on Strawberry Balsamic Gastrique topped with Pecan & Cream Ice Cream, Glazed Strawberries & Mint
Hello Everyone! Happy Sunday! For all my sweet tooth’s, today’s recipe is a sweeeet treat that is perfect for brunch. I think this recipe is specially for the ladies and I guarantee this will lock any man down 😉💪. So if you are looking to […]