This is how I spent Shrove Tuesday, burying my face in this plate of the fluffiest, richest pancakes you’ll ever have. I am a lover of pancakes and I’ll use just about anything and turn it into a pancake. Have you tried plantain pancakes? I […]
Category: Fast Food
Leftovers make for the best snacks…or in this case, a perfect lunch-time meal. My Dutty Grilled Cheese Sandwich deserves all the rave and accolades 😂 I had some leftover ground cajun sausages from my previous Dutty Pizza recipe and I turned it into this delicious […]
This pizza recipe was inspired by Cajun Dirty Rice. This is one recipe I would love to share on this blog sometime in the future.
You know that simple, inexpensive, and fast recipe that is your go-to; you know it, Bangs! every time you make it, that’s my dirty fried rice recipe. It’s one of my favorite things to make and has made me a lot of money when I offer it to my catering clients.
I use 2 types of sausages: Mild Italian Sausage & Hot Longanisa Sausage, sautéed onions & green peppers for that sweet touch *chef kiss* it’s just lovely.
If you are coming from my Beef Suya, Fried Plantain & Fried Capers recipe post, then you know I used store-bought pizza dough and sauce.
I know what some of you might be thinking… I used to side-eye people in grocery stores who use store-bought pizza sauces specifically lol. As a part-time chef and self-proclaimed food connoisseur, I believe there are specific foods that should be made from scratch, but honestly store-bought pizza dough and sauce work just fine, with a delicious result. Can we all take this moment to celebrate my growth? While I still believe in making my sauces, broths, etc. there are still some really good brands you can use with really good results.
For this recipe, I used Panache’s Stone Baked Original Pizza Crust & Primo’s Traditional Pizza Sauce in the squeeze bottle. I find that the Pizza Sauce isn’t as tangy with the additional cooking time on the pizza plus your toppings give it the extra flavor kick it needs. And for the pizza dough, it has a fluffy and light interior and if you want very crisp ends, you can bake directly on a baking pan for 12-14 mins on 375 F. You can literally have amazing pizza you can be proud of, on your hands in 30 mins.
I love the combination of both sausages. The sweet slightly hot Longanisa sausage, the sautéed onions, and green peppers do it for me. I think that’s what takes this pizza to the next level. This is a recipe that is worth your time. You can also use Provolone Cheese in place of the Swiss cheese; if you are feeling extra cheesy, you can use all three.
Now let’s get to it!
Tried this recipe?
Sharing is caring 😃😏
Mention me @thefoodisciple #thefoodisciple and pin this recipe
By: Princess Oroma
- Baked Pizza Dough (store-bought)
- 1/2 Cup Pizza Sauce
- 3 Mild Italian Sausage
- 2 Hot Longanisa Sausage
- 1 tbsp Sazon Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Slap Ya Mama Seasoning
- 1 medium-sized White Onions (sliced)
- 1 Green Bell pepper (sliced)
- Kosher Salt (add to preference)
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 Cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Grated Swiss Cheese
- Step 1 Remove sausages from casings and break apart. In a non-stick pan, add 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat. Sauté sausages, season with Sazon, slap ya mama, and salt for 4-6 mins or until cooked. In the same pan sauté onions and green peppers for 2-3 mins with salt. Set aside.
- Step 2 Preheat oven to 375 F. In a non-stick pan, add 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat. Sauté ground sausages for 4-6 mins or until cooked, reserve oil drips from pan.
- Step 3 Line pan with parchment paper and assemble the pizza. Top Pizza dough with sauce, half mozzarella & Swiss cheese, ground sausage, onions, peppers, and fresh basil leaves. Top basil leaves with reserved oil drippings from sausages. Top with remaining cheese and bake for 10- 11 mins and for crispy ends for 12-14 mins.
It’s World Pizza Day! To celebrate, I am bringing you 2 pizza recipes that will knock your socks off. No matter what kinda pizza person you are, you are guaranteed lots of belly rubs with any pizza topping recipe you choose. It’s a weekday and […]
This is one recipe that warms my heart. In January I decided to be Vegan for 21 days and I fell in love with the lifestyle. Although I am not completely sold or ready to go on a plant based journey, it has certainly influenced […]
Made this beauty a while ago, still enjoying this deliciousness 😋 1 or maybe 2 a day wont hurt nobody 😁
I have a lot of ways I make my banana bread, my love for banana bread is unending, beyond explanation 😍
This recipe produces a very rich, fluffy and delicious result, almost cake-like. I think this recipe might just be one of my favorites yet.. The texture is 👌💯 you gotta try it and see for urself.
The ingredients used are gluten-free and vegetarian friendly. I honestly make my bread with buckwheat flour, I dont know why but I just prefer it that way, you can definitely switch your flour and milk and use regular sugar if you want.
I added Golden Raisins and Chocolate chips 😍🤤 of cos! You can use whatever topping your heart desires
Its really easy, quick and fun to make. You can refrigerate for a week or freeze for months. My go to snack..Dont judge.
Let’s get Bakin’
- 3 Ripe Bananas
- 3 Eggs (separate the yolks from the whites)
- 1/3 Cup of Honey
- 2 tbsp of Brown Sugar
- 1 1/2 Cup of Buckwheat Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp of Cream of Tartar (whip with eggs)
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1/4 Cup of Almond Milk
- Golden Raisins
- Chocolate Chips
Gluten Free Protein Packed Pancakes? Yes Please! 🙋 Who knew Beans Pancakes could look and taste this good 😃 I am in love with this recipe and it has gradually become one of my favorite breakfast meal 😋😍 Try out my uberlicious Fluffy Beans Pancakes […]
Chicken Gizzard and Pepper Salad
- 1 lb Chicken Gizzards
- 4 Bell Peppers (sliced)
- 4 Cups of Mixed Green Salad
- 1 Small Onion (sliced)
- 1 Clove of Garlic (crushed)
- 1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- Parmesan Cheese (Grated)
- 1 Seasoning Cubes
- 2 tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 tsp of Chili Powder
- Kosher Salt
- 4 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Step 1 Wash and clean your chicken gizzards. In a small pot, add your gizzards and season with salt, 1 seasoning cube, 1 tsp of black pepper and chili powder. Cook on medium heat for 2-4 minutes to let its natural juices extract from the gizzards. Then add enough water to cover the gizzards and cook for 15-20 mins on medium heat. Sieve and set gizzards aside.
- Step 2 In a pot, heat 2 tbsp of oil on medium heat. Once it is hot, add your gizzards to the oil and saute until just slightly brown. Add your onions, bell peppers, 2 tbsp of oil, salt and black pepper and saute until onion and bell peppers is slightly soft with a crunch. Set aside and allow to cool.
- Step 3 In a bowl, add your mixed greens, your sauteed gizzards, onions and bell peppers. Top with Parmesan cheese.
- Step 4 Your salad is ready!!