Summer Summer Summer Time 🎶Nothing screams summer like corn! Its almost corn season and I am all over it👍 Want something light, creamy and delicious for dinner? Wanna impress your guests at your next dinner party?Try out my Corn Coulis recipe. I served it with […]
Hello Everyone! Creole sauce is a tomato sauce or gravy made with cooking vegetables in oil and chicken stock. This sauce is a Caribbean delight, and it is also enjoyed very well in the southern part of America. Creole sauce is great for topping meats […]
CATFISH!! Ahh my favorite kind of fish ❤ This stew is definitely one of my favorite meals to prepare. I enjoy this with white Basmati or Jasmine rice on a nice Sunday morning. If you are Nigerian, you know rice is a must on Sundays and it is not every time you eat fried rice or Jollof, sometimes switch it up and have rice and stew. For the non- Nigerians, this is a tomato based stew prepared the Nigerian way with catfish. It is light because it is not heavily seasoned as the other kinds of stew (chicken, turkey, beef etc) . This stew is prepared without curry, thyme or nutmeg, and this is what I love about this besides the fish😀 It is simple, light and just simply deeeelicious. You do not have to be African or Nigerian to try this recipe, be bold and increase your food palate.
Now let’s get to it.
Catfish Stew (Tomato Sauce)
Hello Everyone! I hope you are having a great week! Today’s recipe is one that is perfect for the current weather condition. Pepper Soup is a West-African soup prepared using different kinds of meat with peppers, onion, crayfish and local pepper soup spices as its […]
Hello Everyone! Happy new week! So Super bowl 51 was on yesterday and I must say that was one intense game and history was indeed made last night. Congratulations to the Patriots!!💃💃 To accompany the game, I made these amazing salmon rolls and it was paired […]
I hope you are having a great week. Today’s recipe is my delicious, well seasoned grilled red snapper fish. Red Snapper is one of my favorite fish and it was a no-brainer when I wanted to cook something nice for my mum. She has been visiting for a few weeks now and I have not had the chance to treat her to something nice. This was paired with a delicious plate of Vegetable fried rice (Indian style) which I will share soon on the blog. I had a little Indian flavor going on with the seasoning and it was a match made in heaven; just perfect I promise you. I added some shrimp to the mix because I lovvveee seafood and I could not just have fish on my plate alone and adding shrimps to the mix just took the dish to another level. I used the same marinade for the fish to marinate my shrimp. Preparation is very easy to follow and the ingredients are easily sourced and very affordable. You can have a luxury meal in your own home without having to break your bank.
Now let’s get to it.
Grilled Red Snapper
- 2 Whole Red Snapper Fish (cleaned and fish head removed)
- 5-6 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 2 tbsp of Butter
- 2 tbsp of Lime Juice
- 1 tbsp of Chili Flakes
- 1 tbsp of White Pepper
- ⅓ tsp of Cameroon Pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp of Thyme Leaves
- 1 tbsp of Cumin
- 1 tsp of Ground Ginger
- 1 tbsp of Ground Garlic
- 1 tbsp of Granulated Onion
- Step 1 Clean fish and pat dry with paper towel.
- Step 2 Mix all ingredients except butter in a small bowl to create marinade. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 3 Place fish in a zip lock bag or a bowl, apply marinade and properly coat fish. Tightly seal zip lock bag making sure there is no air in bag. If using a bowl tightly seal with a plastic wrap. Place in fridge and marinate for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- Step 4 Place grill pan on medium heat. When hot, using a brush lightly grease grill pan with butter and 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- Step 5 Place fish on grill on both sides for 5-6 mins each. Do not turn fish for about 5 mins so the fish does not stick to the pan. Use kitchen tongs or spatula to flip the fish. Cooking should take about 12 to 15 mins. Carefully turn fish so it does not pull apart as the fish is very delicate. Cook until fish is charred and well done.
Hello Everyone! Happy new week! It has been a restful weekend and I just feel energized and ready to take on this week. Since we are in the last few days of summer, pepper soup will definitely come in handy while I embrace the cold […]
Hello Everyone! Hope you all had a great week. Here is a quick Tuna Fish Cake recipe you can prepare for your family, friends and co-workers to snack on. This week was very busy and stressful at work and I decided to bless my co-workers […]