This is one recipe that warms my heart. In January I decided to be Vegan for 21 days and I fell in love with the lifestyle. Although I am not completely sold or ready to go on a plant based journey, it has certainly influenced […]
Pork, Rice and Fried Plantain Stuffed Peppers topped with some Mozzarella Cheeesseee 😁 Love in my mouth and this was worth every second 😋 Ingredients 2 lbs Chopped Pork Meat 2 tbsp of Butter 1/4 Cup of Oil 3 tsp Garlic and chili paste 3 […]
Summer Summer Summer Time 🎶
Nothing screams summer like corn! Its almost corn season and I am all over it👍
Want something light, creamy and delicious for dinner? Wanna impress your guests at your next dinner party?
Try out my Corn Coulis recipe. I served it with some Pan Fried Shrimp 🍤 and Breaded Basa Fillet Fish 😋 yum yum yum
Nigerian Fried Rice with Oven Grilled Suya Chicken
TIP: To achieve authentic Nigerian Fried Rice, prepare own chicken stock
- 2 Cups of Basmati Rice
- 2 Cups of Mixed Vegetables (carrots, corn, peas)
- 200g of Beef Liver
- 2 ½ Cups of Chicken Stock or substitute for store bought stock
- 2 tbsp of Curry
- 2 tbsp of Thyme
- 4 Seasoning Cubes
- Kosher Salt
- 3 Stalks of Scallions (chopped)
- 1 tbsp of Chili Powder
- 4 tbsp of Vegetable oil
- Quick Chicken Stock for Nigerian Fried Rice:
- 3-4 Chicken bones/quarters
- 1 small onion (blended)
- 1 ½ tsp of Curry powder
- 1 tsp of Thyme
- 1 Seasoning Cube
- 2 tsp of Chili Powder/ 1 scotch bonnet pepper (blend with onion)
- 3 Cups of Water
- Step 1 Cook beef liver with salt, 1 tsp of chili powder and water enough to cover liver, cook until tender. Cut into small cubes and set aside.
- Step 2 Make your chicken stock using listed ingredients. Cook stock for 20-25 minutes. Sieve out impurities from stock. Wash your Basmati rice and steam rice with sieved stock until tender. To steam rice cover pot with aluminium foil before putting on the lid, cook on low heat. Cook rice until tender and water is dried out. If you are using store bought stock, bring stock to a boil, season with little salt and 1 tsp of chili powder and steam rice.
- Step 3 In a large wok or pan, heat 2 tbsp of oil, once oil is hot, add half of your scallions and fry for 1-2 minutes. Now add half your seasoning: 1 tbsp of curry and thyme, 2 seasoning cubes, ½ tbsp of chili powder, some mixed vegetables, some liver and salt. Stir fry for 3-4 minutes and then add half of your rice and stir fry for an additional 4-5 minutes. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt if needed. Add salt according to preference. Repeat process with the rest of the ingredients and rice.
- Step 4 Your fried rice is ready!!
Oven-Grilled Suya Chicken Recipe Suya Chicken
Pork Chow Mein
- 700g of Pork stir fry strips
- 450g of Dry Chow Mein Noodles
- 2 Green Bell Peppers (deseeded and sliced)
- 1 Large Carrot (cleaned and sliced thinly)
- 5-6 Scallions (sliced)
- Chili & Garlic Paste (store bought)
- 2 tbsp of Mirin
- 2 tbsp of Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- ¼ Cup of Hoisin Sauce (dry measuring cup)
- 2 tbsp of Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of Sriracha (optional)
- 2 tbsp of Sesame Oil
- 4 tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- Sesame seeds ( for garnish)
- Step 1 In a big pot bring water to a boil. Place noodles in a bowl and add boiled water, separate the noodle strands with a wooden spoon or tongs. Allow noodles to sit in hot water for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse in the sieve with running water until cold. Place in a dry bowl and toss with sesame oil and set aside.
- Step 2 In a small bowl, combine properly your brown sugar, mirin, soy sauce, dark soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Set aside.
- Step 3 In a large Wok, heat 2 tbsp of oil on medium high heat and stir fry pork meat in batches for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Drain out any liquid and set meat aside.
- Step 4 In a clean large Wok, heat 2 tbsp of oil on medium high heat add your scallions and carrots and stir fry for 2-4 minutes. Add your bell peppers, chili and garlic paste, sriracha, mixed sauce and stir fry for an additional 2-4 minutes. Add your pork meat with noodles, properly combine together and stir fry for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Step 5 Your food is ready! Top with sesame seeds
Hello Everyone! I hope you all are having a great week so far! So today’s recipe is my slow cooker beef stew. First thing first ‘Everyone should have a CROCK POT’ Guys I mean it, this is very necessary and I cannot imagine my life […]