Hello Everyone! TGIF!! Been looking forward to the weekend from like Monday, this week was a hassle right from the very first day; and I could not wait for it to be over already. Today’s recipe is one of those special dishes I enjoy, but […]
Hello Everyone! I hope you are having a nice day. Today’s recipe is a quick meal you can whip up in no time, yet it still feels like you are eating from a fancy restaurant in your own home. My simple but rich Seafood Tomato […]
Chicken & Quinoa (Mexican Style)
- 2 Cups of Quinoa
- 2 lbs of Chicken Thighs
- 1 Small Yellow Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Cup of Bell Peppers (Diced)
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 2 Cups of Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
- ⅓ Cup of Kernel Corn
- ½ Cup of Black Beans
- 5-6 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of Spanish Paprika
- 1 tsp of Chili Pepper
- ¼ tsp of Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp of White Pepper
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 1 tsp of Dried Thyme or Oregano
- 1 Chicken Seasoning Cube
- Parsley (chopped for garnish)
- 1 Lime
- Step 1 Clean and Dry Chicken Thighs. Season with seasoning cube, salt and pepper. Set aside for 30 mins. Add salt and pepper according to preference.
- Step 2 In a hot pan add 2 tbsp of Olive Oil. Pan sear on both sides for 5-6 mins each or until browned. Set Chicken aside including chicken juice. Clean pan with paper towel.
- Step 3 Add 3 tbsp of Olive oil in a clean pan and place on medium heat. Add onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes. Do not let garlic burn. Add bell peppers, tomatoes, corn, black beans, salt and spices. Stir properly and let it cook for about 2-4 minutes. Add quinoa, place chicken thighs in the pan properly and add broth. Cover and cook on medium low heat for about 20-25 minutes. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 4 Mix in Lime juice and Parsley. Leave to simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 5 Your food is ready!! You can top with Chopped Avocado for that extra flavor.
Hello Everyone! I hope you are having a great week! Today’s recipe is perfect for a nice Sunday lunch or dinner with your friends and family. I had this deliciousness on Sunday for lunch with my friends. They came over for the weekend and I […]
Hello Everyone! I hope you are having a great week! It has been a while since I posted a recipe on the blog, and I did not want to leave you all hanging. So here is a simple recipe to my Skillet Roast Chicken. It […]
I hope you are having a great week so far. I am gradually getting exhausted😣 and I cannot wait for the week to be over; I need my 8 hours of sleep and a day to really not do anything. Ugh I need a vacation already! Oh well I know that is not going to happen anytime soon, a girl can only dream. Today’s recipe is a dish that has become a must at least once every month or more if I can, Ghanaian Peanut Butter Soup is to live for😋👌👍. Peanut Butter Soup is a West African dish made from ground peanuts, it is enjoyed across Africa in different ways but I believe it is more common with Ghanaian’s, at least that is how I got to know about peanut butter soup. It is usually enjoyed with FuFu (cassava and green plantain flour) in Ghana, I have mine mostly with Steamed rice and occasionally with Semolina because I do not really like FuFu; however you can enjoy this soup/stew in different ways. I love making this with beef because I cook the beef until it begins to fall off the bone; it is really juicy and more flavorful in my opinion. You can alternate beef for chicken, if you prefer that better. Did I mention how inexpensive this dish is? Yes, it is very affordable to prepare, I spent about $25.00 and you can use less if you shop at a really low price grocery store. It does not take too long but it is all worth it in the end. You need to see me licking my plate and chewing my bones, ahh ahh life is really good 😊😀
If you wanna know how to prepare this continue reading…
Now let’s get to it.
Peanut Butter Soup (Beef)
- 2 lbs of Beef Shank (Cut into medium or small sized chunks)
- 2 tbsp of Smooth Peanut Butter
- 1 Can of Whole Peeled Tomatoes
- 1 Red bell Pepper
- 2 Fresh Tomatoes
- 2-3 Garlic Cloves
- 4 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme
- 2 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 1 Large Onion
- 3-4 Cups of Water
- 2 Cooking Spoon of Vegetable Oil (optional)
- A pinch of Nutmeg (optional)
- 3-4 Seasoning Cubes (beef flavor)
- Step 1 Wash and Clean Beef. Blend half of the onion and scotch bonnet pepper. Place cleaned beef in a sauce or soup pot and add blended pepper and onion. Add 2 sprigs of thyme, 2 seasoning cubes and salt. Allow beef to steam on medium heat until its juices starts running out and the seasoning has penetrated into the beef. Stir occasionally to prevent burning. Steaming should take about 10-15 minutes. Add your water at this point, stir, cover and leave to boil until meat softens. Adjust heat to medium high at this point and cook for 20-25 minutes. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 2 Blend your canned tomatoes, fresh tomatoes, bell pepper, remaining onion, garlic and set aside. Add tomato mixture to your pot with your cooked beef and stock, 2 sprigs of thyme, 2 seasoning cubes, nutmeg, stir properly, cover and leave to simmer for 25-30 minutes on medium low heat.
- Step 3 Cook until the tomato is no longer acidic and it has married with your ingredients in the pot. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt if needed, add your peanut butter, stir properly, cover and leave to simmer for an additional 8-10 minutes. Your soup will be really thick at this point, to make it a little loose and to give it the beautiful color you see, add your vegetable oil, this is optional but recommended. Stir properly to incorporate the oil and the soup, cover and leave to simmer for another additional 8-10 minutes.
- Step 4 Your food is ready!!
- Step 5 Serve with Fufu,Pounded Yam, Steamed Rice, Potatoes or Yams
- Step 6
NOTE: This recipe has been revamped with a little food disciple touch to it
Good Morning!! I hope you are all having a lovely Sunday. I am having a lazy Sunday morning so I decided to get into the kitchen and prepare something different for breakfast. I was watching the real 😍😍(I love that show btw) earlier this week and […]
Hello Everyone! I hope you had a great week. Today’s recipe is my own style of Jamaican Curry Goat, I am really proud and confident about this recipe because it has been a long time coming. I love Caribbean food so much!😋😍 So I am happy […]
I hope you are having a great week! Today’s recipe is one that is perfect for the current weather condition. Pepper Soup is a West-African soup prepared using different kinds of meat with peppers, onion, crayfish and local pepper soup spices as its primarily ingredient. Pepper soup is usually very spicy, and watery in texture; it is said to have different medicinal benefits and it is used commonly to treat cold symptoms (it works every time, I guarantee you). In today’s recipe I will be using one of my favorite fish Basa and I paired it with grilled baguette; Al Bacio!!😚 ( kiss fingertips and toss away). This is one of my go to dishes during this time of the year and I am always pleased. It is great with catfish or goat meat, and you can pair this soup with steamed rice, boiled/ grilled yam or plantain, throw in some noodles or baguette as I did. Try this recipe and let me know what you think 👍🙋😃
NOTE: You can find crayfish, scent leaf and pepper soup spices at any West-Indian or African grocery store.
Now let’s get to it.
Basa Steak Fish Pepper Soup & Baguette
- 4 pieces of Basa Steak Fish
- 1 medium sized Onion
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- ⅓ tsp of Cameroon Pepper (optional)
- 1 tbsp of Crayfish (blended)
- 1 and ½ tsp of Pepper soup spices
- 1 Seasoning Cube
- 1 tsp of Scent leaf
- 3-4 cups of Water
- ½ tsp of Pepper Flakes (for garnish)
- Baguette (grill and serve)
- Step 1 Clean fish properly by soaking the fish in boiling hot water for 2-4 mins, discard water and rinse fish two times. Place cleaned fish in a pot. This is done to remove all impurities as well as to remove the ice fish taste, so you can have a nice tasty result in the end. Blend your onion and scotch bonnet pepper and add to the fish and then your water.
- Step 2 Place on medium heat, add crayfish, Cameroon pepper, seasoning cube and salt. Add salt according to preference, stir carefully, cover and cook for 8-10 minutes.
- Step 3 Add your pepper soup spices and scent leaf, reduce heat to medium low, stir carefully not to break the fish, cover and cook for an additional 6-8 minutes.
- Step 4 Place bread slices on the grill, grill until crunchy and set aside.
- Step 5 Taste for seasoning and adjust salt if needed, garnish with pepper flakes. Leave to simmer for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Step 6 Your food is ready!