Hello Everyone, I hope you are all having a great week. Today I will be sharing a quick recipe on the blog. This is my Indian style vegetable fried rice. It is very easy and fast to prepare and simply delicious. I paired this plate […]
Hello Everyone! I hope you are having a great week. Today’s recipe is my delicious, well seasoned grilled red snapper fish. Red Snapper is one of my favorite fish and it was a no-brainer when I wanted to cook something nice for my mum. She […]
Grilled Corn, Tomato, Spinach and Arugula Salad
- 1 Cup of Spinach
- 1 Cup of Arugula
- 1 Cup of Sweet Kernel Corn
- 1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes (halved)
- 4 Slices of Bacon (cooked and diced)
- Goat Cheese
- ½ tsp of Chili powder
- 1 tbsp of Butter
- Black Pepper
- ½ a Cup of Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp of Dijon Mustard
- ¼ cup of Lemon Juice
- Black Pepper
- Step 1 Place pan on medium low heat, add your butter and sweet kernel corn. Pan Roast for 8-10 mins or until the corn starts to brown. Stir corn occasionally. Before removing corn, stir in chili powder and cook for an extra 1-2 mins. Remove and set aside.
- Step 2 In a salad bowl, mix all salad ingredients except salt and pepper, cover and place in the refrigerator.
- Step 3 In a small bowl, mix all dressing ingredients, cover and place into the refrigerator until ready to serve.
- Step 4 Mix dressing with the salad, garnish with goat cheese, salt and pepper and serve immediately. Add salt and pepper according to preference.
- Step 5 PS: You can add any other choice of protein
Hello Everyone! I hope you all had a beautiful Christmas! Mine was just lovely, I spent time with my friends and family, had amazing meals and dessert and lastly I rested. It was just a well rounded day for me and I achieved and reached […]
Hello Everyone, I hope you are having a good day. Here is a quick recipe you can prepare and enjoy for lunch or dinner. While I was preparing the feast I and my friends enjoyed for Christmas, I was able to prepare this for lunch […]
Happy new week!! Welcome to December,so glad we are almost done with 2016. It has been a year, filled with adventures, growth and many many rollercoasters but still I am counting my blessings 🙂 Honestly looking back I am very happy with the way my year went regardless of the difficulties and obstacles, I guess that’s where the growth comes from because I am still here! 💃 So guys, enjoy the rest of your year and remember to take each day with ease, love and happiness.
Today’s recipe is one of the delights I served my friends and family on thanksgiving, Char Siu! This means Chinese BBQ, and it is commonly used to prepare pork but as always I switched things up and used chicken instead of Pork. Simply because my friends and family will prefer chicken more than the pork and when you are catering to people,the number 1 rule is to always give the people what they want and will enjoy better. This paired so well with the Jollof Rice and coleslaw I had on the table. It is super super easy to make, no stress, minimal cleaning and preparation required and lastly so so so so delicious! need I say more. You can enjoy this chicken with white rice, fries or any kind of salad for my healthy people. Hey Zinny Factor here is another easy recipe you can share with your readers.
Please be sure visit Zinny Factor for your daily dose of ideas and solutions on how you can maximize productivity within your work place. This is for all professionals and trust me it will be worth your time.
Now let’s get to it.
Char Siu Chicken
- 4 Chicken Quarters
- 1 tbsp of Rice Wine
- 1 tsp of Five Spice Powder
- 5 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp of Ginger Powder
- 2 tbsp of Red Bean Curd
- 1 tbsp of Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp of Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp of Honey or Sugar
- 1 tsp of Sesame Oil (optional)
- Step 1 Clean and dry Chicken Quarters. Place Chicken in a large ziplock bag.
- Step 2 Properly add and mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Step 3 Add marinade into the ziplock bag, shake and properly coat chicken quarters.Seal ziplock bag tightly and refrigerate for at least 6 hours
- Step 4 for ultimate flavor, marinate overnight. Use ¾ of the marinade and set the rest aside.
- Step 5 Preheat oven to 305 degree F on grill. Grill on both sides for 30-40 mins or until well done. Coat chicken with the remaining marinade after 15 mins of cooking before flipping to the other side. If the chicken starts to blacken do not panic, it is just the honey your chicken is not burning.
- Step 6 Your food is ready!!!
Serve with Rice, Coleslaw or Fries
Hello Everyone! Happy new week! I hope you all had a great weekend. Am so excited and looking forward to the coming weekend because one of my favorite holiday is coming up. Thanksgiving!! 💃💃 I love this holiday so much simply because I get to […]
Hello Everyone! I hope you all are having a great week so far. So in collaboration with Zinny’s Factor, here’s another delicious quick recipe you can prepare for work. Fried rice is loved by everyone! I mean!! Its fried rice; one of my favorite is […]
I hope this week has been good to you. In collaboration with Zinny Factor, here is another quick healthy lunch recipe you can prepare for work. I made this sometime ago for work and I brought some along for my co-workers; they always like to “taste” 😄😉 meals I bring to work, they loveeeddd it. It’s light, tasty and full of flavors and it really pairs well with couscous. It’s easy to prepare, fast and very cheap! Yes I say cheap because most of the ingredients are already in your kitchen cabinet. Part of starting a healthy diet or living a healthy balanced lifestyle is cooking your own food and saying no to take outs. When you prepare your own meals, you stand a chance of maintaining a healthy diet and you get to save money; besides it’s fun to cook and recreating or creating recipes.
Please be sure to visit Zinny Factor for your daily dose of ideas and solutions on how you can maximize productivity within your workplace.
Now let’s get to it.
Crispy Chicken Thighs with Peppers
- 1 lb of Chicken thighs with skin
- Bell Peppers (cleaned and sliced)
- Yellow Onion (halved and sliced)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic ( minced)
- 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp of Black pepper
- 1 tsp of Ground Chilli Pepper
- 1 and ½ tsp of Ground Ginger
- 1 Chicken Seasoning Cube
- ¼ cup of Chicken Broth
- 4 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Sesame Oil (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat oven on 425 degrees F
- Step 2 Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and set aside. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in pan on medium high heat. When oil it is hot, add chicken and brown on both sides. Place chicken skin sides down first until brown and/or crispy and turn on the other side and do the same. Set chicken and drippings aside. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 3 Add 2 tbsp of olive oil in pan and when it is hot, saute peppers, onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken broth, Italian seasoning, ginger, chili pepper, seasoning cube and salt
- Step 4 put heat on medium low and cook for 2 mins.
- Step 5 Place chicken into pan with drippings, with the skin sides facing up, drizzle a little sesame oil on the chicken and bake for 15- 20 mins or until well done.
- Step 6 Your food is ready!!!
Serve chicken thighs with couscous, quinoa or any grain of choice.
Hello Everyone! Happy new week! It has been a restful weekend and I just feel energized and ready to take on this week. Since we are in the last few days of summer, pepper soup will definitely come in handy while I embrace the cold […]