Hello Everyone! I hope you all are having a great week so far! So today’s recipe is my slow cooker beef stew. First thing first ‘Everyone should have a CROCK POT’ Guys I mean it, this is very necessary and I cannot imagine my life […]
Category: Main Dish
Hello Everyone! Asian cuisine is one of my absolute favorite type of food😍. The Asian palate is very pleasing to everyone regardless of your race or culture. Asian cooking is easy and versatile and it is achievable by literally anyone. I enjoy cooking Asian cuisines […]
Is it just me or does it seem like August ran by so fast? OMG it’s hard to believe summer is basically over, it was just yesterday when I was rocking my favorite dresses and sipping on sangria and iced teas; God! it was a good summer, and I do not want it to be over 😭 Lately, I have been craving something savory, cheesy and quick for lunch that I can take to work. With my recent long days at work, I was in need of a meal that will be filling and will take me through the day. Using my leftover jerk sausage that I had in my freezer, I was able to whip up this amazing dish. Can I just say how ooey and gooey this casserole was, the cheese melted all over the potatoes, and with every bite, a little jerk sausage and cheese accompanied the potatoes😋 The jerk sausage paired very well with the seasoned potatoes. It was not overpowering as the potatoes were lightly seasoned, and it had a little kick to it. You can reduce the heat by reducing the quantity of the chili pepper. This recipe is ideal for working professionals, it is easy to prepare, does not require a lot of time in the kitchen and most of the work is done in the oven. Zinny Factor here is a great recipe I know your viewers will enjoy. Try this recipes today and I will love your feedback.
PS: You can substitute for any sausage of your choice.
Now let’s get to it.
Jerk Sausage and Potato Casserole
Hello Everyone! I do not think it is possible for a person to have a favorite food with the amount of deliciousness in the world but this dish is really cutting it very close to the top of my very list. Oh My God! where […]
Creole sauce is a tomato sauce or gravy made with cooking vegetables in oil and chicken stock. This sauce is a Caribbean delight, and it is also enjoyed very well in the southern part of America. Creole sauce is great for topping meats mostly seafood, for some reason it pairs really well with fish. I usually have a little sauce in the fridge just in case I need to top up a dish a notch😏😉; sauce can last up to a week when tightly stored in a refrigerator. I served my sauce with grilled Basa fillet and quinoa. Let’s just say it was a lovely dinner, yum yum yum😋 very tasty, savory, properly seasoned and delicious (I just had to say it, my favorite word 😀). This is a recipe you want to try and it is achieved under an hour.
Now let’s get to it.
Creole Sauce served on Grilled Basa Fillet
- 3 Basa Fillet Fish
- 4-5 diced Celery Stalks
- 1 big diced Green Pepper
- 1 large diced Yellow Onion
- 1 and ½ tbsp of tomato paste
- 1 Cup of diced tomatoes
- 4 Scallions (sliced)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 2 Scotch Bonnet (remove seeds to reduce heat)
- 1 tbsp of Butter
- 2 Bay Leaves
- 3-4 Sprigs of Thyme leaves
- 1 tsp Black pepper
- ½ tsp of White Pepper
- 2 Cups of Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp of chopped Parsley
- Worchestire sauce
- Lemon slices for garnish
- 2 tbsp of Olive oil
- Step 1 Heat oil in sauce/saute pan on medium heat. When hot add onion, celery and green pepper and cook until soft, this should take about 5-8 minutes.
- Step 2 Add all ingredients except butter and parsley leaves. Bring to a boil and reduce heat to medium low and gently simmer until sauce thickens, this should take about 20- 25 minutes. Stir occasionally to prevent it sticking to the pot.
- Step 3 Remove bay leaves and thyme stems and discard. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed with salt. Remove from heat, add your parsley and butter, stir until butter completely melts. Save in a sealed container, sauce can keep up to a week in the refrigerator.
- Step 4 To prepare fish fillet, season fish on both sides with salt and pepper. Grill fish in oven on 370 degree F for 15-20 minutes or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork. You can also pan fry your fish on both sides for 3-4 minutes each on both sides.
- Step 5 Serve sauce on fish fillet, top with lemon slices and pair with rice, quinoa, potatoes etc.
- Step 6 Your food is ready!!
Hello Everyone! This is another one of those recipes I have been meaning to blog about and to be frank I have been lazy getting to it 😀 Moi Moi is a Nigerian delight made from blended beans as the base and steamed in a […]
Hello Everyone! We all have that week were we can’t seem to catch a break, we are so busy that thinking of lunch for work does not even come close; and you end up spending half of your budget for the week on getting fast […]
CATFISH!! Ahh my favorite kind of fish ❤ This stew is definitely one of my favorite meals to prepare. I enjoy this with white Basmati or Jasmine rice on a nice Sunday morning. If you are Nigerian, you know rice is a must on Sundays and it is not every time you eat fried rice or Jollof, sometimes switch it up and have rice and stew. For the non- Nigerians, this is a tomato based stew prepared the Nigerian way with catfish. It is light because it is not heavily seasoned as the other kinds of stew (chicken, turkey, beef etc) . This stew is prepared without curry, thyme or nutmeg, and this is what I love about this besides the fish😀 It is simple, light and just simply deeeelicious. You do not have to be African or Nigerian to try this recipe, be bold and increase your food palate.
Now let’s get to it.
Catfish Stew (Tomato Sauce)
Hello Everyone! I have been waiting to write about this recipe for a while now and I have found the perfect time. If you love chicken gizzards, here is a lovely recipe you can achieve. I loveee me some chicken gizzards especially when it is […]