Hello Everyone! I have been waiting to write about this recipe for a while now and I have found the perfect time. If you love chicken gizzards, here is a lovely recipe you can achieve. I loveee me some chicken gizzards especially when it is […]
Category: Main Dish
Hello Everyone! TGIF!! Been looking forward to the weekend from like Monday, this week was a hassle right from the very first day; and I could not wait for it to be over already. Today’s recipe is one of those special dishes I enjoy, but […]
I hope you are having a nice day. Today’s recipe is a quick meal you can whip up in no time, yet it still feels like you are eating from a fancy restaurant in your own home. My simple but rich Seafood Tomato Sauce will do the trick anytime with maximum satisfaction. As always, this dish is affordable and not time consuming at all. I was able to get all the ingredients from an Asian grocery store and we know how affordable they are. The seafood is from the frozen section but if you can afford fresh seafood by all means go for it, the fresher the better.
I served my rich thick sauce with steamed rice, so delicious my gawd! with every spoon there was a little snail meat and shrimp in it. I paired my leftover sauce with pasta as well as grilled potatoes. This is one meal you just have to try, and you’ll be testifying to its goodness. For all my seafood lovers, this is a win; continue reading to try this recipe.
Now let’s get to it.
Seafood Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup of Cleaned Deveined Shrimp
- 1 Cup of Clams
- ½ a Cup of Frozen Snail Meat
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 5-6 Dry Chili Peppers
- 1 Shallot (thinly sliced)
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 Chopped Scallion (white parts only)
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp of Black pepper
- ½ tsp of White Pepper
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 Seasoning Cube
- Cameroon Pepper (optional)
- Parsley (for garnish)
- 3 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Step 1 Boil hot water and add to clams and snail meat. The clams will pop open
- Step 2 allow to sit in hot water for 5 mins. Drain and set aside. Clean snail meat properly before adding hot water.
- Step 3 Blend tomatoes, bell pepper and dry chili pepper. If you want the heat to be mild reduce quantity of chili pepper to 2 or 3.
- Step 4 In a saucepan, add olive oil on medium heat. When it is hot, add scallion and shallot. Stir for 1-2 minutes and add minced garlic
- Step 5 continue stirring for another 1-2 minutes and add tomato mixture.
- Step 6 Cook tomato mixture for 6-8 minutes then add seasoning. Add salt according to preferences. I added Cameroon pepper to add flavor, I love the unique flavor it gives to the sauce. Stir properly and allow to cook for an additional 7-9 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt.
- Step 7 Add Seafood and leave to simmer for 5-7 minutes until all ingredients marry together with the seafood. You can make the texture of the sauce thin or thick
- Step 8 I made mine thick. Keep in mind the sauce gets thicker when it is cooling.
- Step 9 Garnish with Parsley and your food is ready!!
Hello Everyone! I hope you are having a great week! Today’s recipe is perfect for a nice Sunday lunch or dinner with your friends and family. I had this deliciousness on Sunday for lunch with my friends. They came over for the weekend and I […]
I hope you are having a great week! It has been a while since I posted a recipe on the blog, and I did not want to leave you all hanging. So here is a simple recipe to my Skillet Roast Chicken. It is easy to prepare,with easily sourced ingredients and most importantly deeellicious!😋 I used a skillet because it gives the chicken a nice smokey flavor once the liquids dry out and it begins to char a little, as well as a crispy browned skin. Now who doesn’t love a properly seasoned chicken with crispy skin to bite on; I know I do and I am sure at Zinny Factor your readers will love this recipe too😊. I paired this with couscous and my pepper sauce, and it was just wonderful. You can pair this with pretty much any side of your choice, it’s one of those things you have fun with. To achieve this recipe, click on the link below and keep reading.
Now let’s get to this
Simple Skillet Roast Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken (cut into pieces)
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of Chili peppers (optional)
- 1 tsp of Black Pepper
- ½ tsp of White Pepper
- 1 and ½ tbsp of All purpose Seasoning
- 4-5 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 cup of Chicken Broth (recommended for more flavor but optional)
- 1 Medium Carrot (cut into chunks)
- 1 Large Onion (cut into chunks)
- 1 Head of Garlic (with the skin)
- 2 Lemon (cut 1 into wedges)
- ¼ cup of Olive oil
- Step 1 Clean and dry chicken. Place chicken parts in a bowl.
- Step 2 Add your seasonings except vegetables, lemon and thyme. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 3 Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate for at least an hour, for best result 5 hours or overnight.
- Step 4 Preheat Oven to 370 F degrees
- Step 5 Place vegetables,lemon wedges and chicken parts into your skillet, squeeze half a lemon juice on top of chicken and top with fresh thyme.Add chicken broth to your skillet.
- Step 6 Place skillet in your oven for an hour and 30 mins or until it is fully cooked, browned and skin is crispy.
- Step 7 Your food is ready!
- Step 8 Serve with any side of your choice
Hello Everyone! I hope you are having a great week so far. I am gradually getting exhausted😣 and I cannot wait for the week to be over; I need my 8 hours of sleep and a day to really not do anything. Ugh I need a […]
Good Morning!! I hope you are all having a lovely Sunday. I am having a lazy Sunday morning so I decided to get into the kitchen and prepare something different for breakfast. I was watching the real 😍😍(I love that show btw) earlier this week and […]
I hope you had a great week. Today’s recipe is my own style of Jamaican Curry Goat, I am really proud and confident about this recipe because it has been a long time coming. I love Caribbean food so much!😋😍 So I am happy that I was able to achieve this about 95% close. I love a good Netflix & Chill with some comfort food by the side and curry goat and rice is the perfect meal for this! My friends enjoyed this to the bone, the meat was so soft, juicy and oh don’t get me started on the sauce, let’s just say we were licking our hands all the way to our wrist. This meal is worth the time it takes to prepare, however I used a pressure pot to help cut the cooking time. I also used the remaining sauce with pasta and it paired really well. I think I’ll just go straight to it before I end up rambling about this food.
Now let’s get to it.
Jamaican Curry Goat
- 2 lbs of Goat meat
- 1 Large Onion (sliced)
- 4-5 sprigs of Fresh thyme
- 1-2 Scotch Bonnet pepper (sliced)
- 5 tbsp of Jamaican Style Curry powder
- 5 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 small onion (finely chopped)
- 4-5 Cups of Hot Water
- 1 and ½ tbsp of Ketchup
- 2 Potatoes (peeled and cut into small chunks)
- 3-4 tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- 3 tbsp of Oilve Oil
- Step 1 Clean and dry goat meat. Place in a bowl and season with 3 tbsp of curry, sliced onion, scotch bonnet pepper, 3 sprigs of thyme, garlic, black pepper, olive oil and salt. Add salt according to preference. Properly mix, tightly cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, overnight more preferable.
- Step 2 Remove only the goat meat from the bowl, heat your cooking pot with oil on medium heat and brown meat when oil is hot.
- Step 3 Once meat is browned, add 3-4 cups of hot water, and the remaining marinade from the bowl, cover, place heat on medium low and cook for about an hour. If you want to speed things up, transfer goat meat, water and marinade into a pressure pot and cook for 20-25 mins. Your goat meat will be very soft in a short amount of time.
- Step 4 If you used your pressure pot, transfer goat meat back into your cooking pot, and season with 2 tbsp of curry powder, 2 sprigs of thyme, finely chopped onion, 1 cup of hot water and salt. Add salt according to preference. Cover, place heat on medium heat and cook for 15-20 minutes..
- Step 5 Add potatoes and ketchup, stir and simmer on low heat for 25-30 minutes, cook until the meat falls off the bone.
- Step 6 Your food is ready!!
- Step 7 Serve with Steamed Rice, Rice and Peas or Pasta.
- Step 8 FOR PASTA: Boil pasta until Al dente, pasta water should be as salty as seawater. Sieve and reserve ¼ cup of pasta water. Transfer pasta to pot, add 2 tbsp of butter, pasta water and curry goat sauce and properly mix. Taste for more seasoning and only season with salt if needed.
Hello Everyone! I hope you are having a great week! Today’s recipe is one that is perfect for the current weather condition. Pepper Soup is a West-African soup prepared using different kinds of meat with peppers, onion, crayfish and local pepper soup spices as its […]