This is how I spent Shrove Tuesday, burying my face in this plate of the fluffiest, richest pancakes you’ll ever have. I am a lover of pancakes and I’ll use just about anything and turn it into a pancake. Have you tried plantain pancakes? I […]
This is one recipe that warms my heart. In January I decided to be Vegan for 21 days and I fell in love with the lifestyle. Although I am not completely sold or ready to go on a plant based journey, it has certainly influenced […]
Gluten Free Protein Packed Pancakes? Yes Please! 🙋
Who knew Beans Pancakes could look and taste this good 😃
I am in love with this recipe and it has gradually become one of my favorite breakfast meal 😋😍
Try out my uberlicious Fluffy Beans Pancakes 🥞 with these simple readily available ingredients. Let me know if you try this recipe and how it turned out; I have a recipe video as well, check it out!
- 2 Cups of Peeled Black Eyed Beans
- 1 cup of Milk (dry measuring cup)
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup of Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Mix all ingredients in a blender.
- Transfer in a mixing bowl and whisk for 1-2 minutes to incorporate air into batter.
- In a frying pan, heat pan on medium low heat. The pan is ready when you splatter a little water on the pan and the water dances around the pan and evaporates.
- Add 2 tbsp of vegetable or canola oil. Once oil is hot, use a ladle or cooking spoon and scoop your batter into pan. Pancake is ready to flip once the edges are dry and bubbles start to appear and pop on the top surface of the pancake. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Repeat process with rest of batter.
- Your food is ready! Serve with fruits, butter and/or syrup
Hello Everyone! Welcome to September! We are already getting to the end of what has been a beautiful and eventful year so far. I am honestly looking forward to Christmas! I think I am ready to see what 2018 holds for me😊. Today’s recipe is […]
Banana Bread is one of my favorite snacks that I make often. In my home, nothing goes to waste and all my soft, mushy bananas all go in making banana bread. The key to a good banana bread is using the softest banana you can get your hands on. It is very sweet which requires less sugar than normal, and it helps in achieving a moist texture. This recipe is perfect as an appetizer,dessert (top with ice cream), for breakfast or brunch served with hot Coco or can be enjoyed as a treat for you, your family and friends. One thing I really enjoy about this recipe is that it is sweet, moist and very very fluffy on the inside; to me ladies and gentlemen, that is the perfect combination😋. I decided to try something different with this recipe and I topped it with some toasted shredded coconut mmmhhmm I love coconut. Topping my bread with shredded coconut gave me that crunch that I love and get when I make my Southern Buttermilk Biscuits, giving it a little edge and taking my banana bread to another level. In order to make sure my topping sticks on the bread, I added coconut glaze to the bread which served as a binding agent for the shredded coconut to stick on the bread. Oh My God! 🙆turned out way better than I expected. The glaze adds another layer to the flavor and sweetness of the banana bread and the crunch and flavor from the coconut brings it in full circle😋😍. This recipe is one for the books and I just had to share this recipe with you all. Trust me you do not want to miss out on this amazing treat! I will love to hear your feedback.
Now let’s get to it.
Extra Moist Chocolate Banana Bread topped with Coconut glaze & Toasted Shredded Coconut
- Banana Bread:
- 3-4 over ripe Bananas
- 1 Cup of Semi- Sweetened Chocolate (melted)
- 1 ½ Cups of All Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp of Baking Powder
- 1 tsp of Baking Soda
- ½ a Cup of Milk
- 1 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 1 stick of Softened Unsalted Butter
- ½ tbsp of Lime juice
- ½ cup of Sugar
- 1 Egg
- ½ Cup of Confectioners Sugar
- 1 tbsp of Melted Coconut oil
- ½ tsp of Coconut extract
- ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2- 3 tbsp of Milk
- Preparation Equipment:
- Loaf Pan
- Parchment Paper
- Toothpick (to make the swirl)
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degree F. Butter your loaf pan and line with parchment paper. Let your parchment paper hang over both sides.
- Step 2 In a bowl mix your flour, baking powder and soda. Set aside.
- Step 3 In a different bowl, mash your bananas until smooth, add your milk and lemon juice. Properly mix and set aside.
- Step 4 Lastly in another bowl, combine your butter and sugar and whisk. Add your egg and vanilla extract. Whisk until smooth.
- Step 5 Gently and slowly add your dry ingredients and banana mixture alternatively. Properly mix together. Add half of your mixture in your loaf pan, and then add your melted chocolate. Using a toothpick gently make a swirl on your banana bread by dragging the toothpick around your bread, incorporating both your bread and chocolate together. Now add the other half of your banana bread.
- Step 6 Bake for an hour or more if needed. Your bread is ready when you insert a toothpick in the center and it comes out clean.
- Step 7 Let your bread cool for 30 minutes in pan. Now take it out of the pan and place on a board or plate and let it completely cool.
- Step 8 To make your glaze, combine your coconut oil, milk, vanilla and coconut extract. Properly mix using a whisk until they are combined. Now add your confectioners sugar and mix until completely incorporated. If glaze is too thick loosen with very little milk, about a tbsp. Toast shredded coconut in a hot pan until browned.
- Step 9 Drizzle glaze on cooled banana bread and topped with toasted shredded coconut.
- Step 10 Enjoy!!!
Hello Everyone! Is it just me or does it seem like August ran by so fast? OMG it’s hard to believe summer is basically over, it was just yesterday when I was rocking my favorite dresses and sipping on sangria and iced teas; God! it […]
Hello Everyone! This is another one of those recipes I have been meaning to blog about and to be frank I have been lazy getting to it 😀 Moi Moi is a Nigerian delight made from blended beans as the base and steamed in a […]
I will not describe myself as a sweet tooth but when I have my unusual sweet cravings there are certain kinds of foods I like to enjoy. I loveee crepes and I enjoy them for breakfast and more frequently for dessert (when I decided to have one)😏 A while ago, I entertained my friends over for the weekend and I served them this dish for brunch. I decided to try something new and switched up my regular blueberry compote and infused them with jelly beans instead. I will say it is a little bit more on the sweet side compared to your regular blueberry compote, I recommend this used for dessert only! I stuffed my crepes with whipped cream, topped with my blueberry compote and dusted with confectioners sugar. Goddam!😊🙆 It was a hit! You have to try this, this is not something you want to miss out on and you will be doing yourself a great disservice if you do not get a taste of this recipe. Achieve this now and click click below 😋
Now let’s get to it.
Crepes topped with Jelly Beans infused Blueberry Compote
Good Morning!! I hope you are all having a lovely Sunday. I am having a lazy Sunday morning so I decided to get into the kitchen and prepare something different for breakfast. I was watching the real 😍😍(I love that show btw) earlier this week and […]