Hello Everyone! Creole sauce is a tomato sauce or gravy made with cooking vegetables in oil and chicken stock. This sauce is a Caribbean delight, and it is also enjoyed very well in the southern part of America. Creole sauce is great for topping meats […]
Hello Everyone! CATFISH!! Ahh my favorite kind of fish ❤ This stew is definitely one of my favorite meals to prepare. I enjoy this with white Basmati or Jasmine rice on a nice Sunday morning. If you are Nigerian, you know rice is a must on […]
I hope you are having a nice day. Today’s recipe is a quick meal you can whip up in no time, yet it still feels like you are eating from a fancy restaurant in your own home. My simple but rich Seafood Tomato Sauce will do the trick anytime with maximum satisfaction. As always, this dish is affordable and not time consuming at all. I was able to get all the ingredients from an Asian grocery store and we know how affordable they are. The seafood is from the frozen section but if you can afford fresh seafood by all means go for it, the fresher the better.
I served my rich thick sauce with steamed rice, so delicious my gawd! with every spoon there was a little snail meat and shrimp in it. I paired my leftover sauce with pasta as well as grilled potatoes. This is one meal you just have to try, and you’ll be testifying to its goodness. For all my seafood lovers, this is a win; continue reading to try this recipe.
Now let’s get to it.
Seafood Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup of Cleaned Deveined Shrimp
- 1 Cup of Clams
- ½ a Cup of Frozen Snail Meat
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 5-6 Dry Chili Peppers
- 1 Shallot (thinly sliced)
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 Chopped Scallion (white parts only)
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp of Black pepper
- ½ tsp of White Pepper
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 Seasoning Cube
- Cameroon Pepper (optional)
- Parsley (for garnish)
- 3 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Step 1 Boil hot water and add to clams and snail meat. The clams will pop open
- Step 2 allow to sit in hot water for 5 mins. Drain and set aside. Clean snail meat properly before adding hot water.
- Step 3 Blend tomatoes, bell pepper and dry chili pepper. If you want the heat to be mild reduce quantity of chili pepper to 2 or 3.
- Step 4 In a saucepan, add olive oil on medium heat. When it is hot, add scallion and shallot. Stir for 1-2 minutes and add minced garlic
- Step 5 continue stirring for another 1-2 minutes and add tomato mixture.
- Step 6 Cook tomato mixture for 6-8 minutes then add seasoning. Add salt according to preferences. I added Cameroon pepper to add flavor, I love the unique flavor it gives to the sauce. Stir properly and allow to cook for an additional 7-9 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt.
- Step 7 Add Seafood and leave to simmer for 5-7 minutes until all ingredients marry together with the seafood. You can make the texture of the sauce thin or thick
- Step 8 I made mine thick. Keep in mind the sauce gets thicker when it is cooling.
- Step 9 Garnish with Parsley and your food is ready!!
Hello Everyone! I hope you are having a great week! Today’s recipe is perfect for a nice Sunday lunch or dinner with your friends and family. I had this deliciousness on Sunday for lunch with my friends. They came over for the weekend and I […]
Hello Everyone! I hope you are having a great week! Today’s recipe is one that is perfect for the current weather condition. Pepper Soup is a West-African soup prepared using different kinds of meat with peppers, onion, crayfish and local pepper soup spices as its […]
Happy new week! So Super bowl 51 was on yesterday and I must say that was one intense game and history was indeed made last night. Congratulations to the Patriots!!💃💃 To accompany the game, I made these amazing salmon rolls and it was paired with potato chips on the side. Oh la la deeeliicious!! really good and I am not saying this because it is my recipe and this is my blog, but it is just that damn good; and I think you should try it👍. Super easy to make and not time consuming at all. I was able to prepare this an hour before the game and I was not exhausted when the game came on. I also had my Chicken Wings with Spicy Honey Butter Sauce on the table and we washed this down with Texas Peach Tea(happy drink😉). Hey Zinny Factor, here is another recipe I am sure your viewers will love 😃
Now let’s get to it.
Salmon Rolls with Potato Chips
- 6-8 Hot Dog Buns
- 3-4 Salmon fillet
- 2 cups of chopped Cabbage
- 1 small Cucumber (Diced)
- ½ a cup of Sweet Kernel Corn
- 2 medium sized Carrots (Grated)
- 1 medium sized Onion (sliced)
- 3-4 tbsp of Sriracha Mayonnaise (or regular mayo)
- 1 tbsp of Dijon Mustard
- 1 tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 tbsp of Lime juice
- 4-5 tbsp of Butter
- 2 tbsp of Olive oil
- Step 1 Clean and dry salmon fillet with paper towel. Season with salt, black pepper and paprika. Grill for 5-6 minutes or more depending on preference. Set aside and leave to cool. When cool, shred fish with a fork or with your hands.
- Step 2 In a pan, add your olive oil and onion and cook until caramelized. Set aside to cool.
- Step 3 In a small bowl, add your cabbage, carrots, cucumber, sweet corn, caramelized onion, mayo, dijon mustard and shredded salmon. Season with black pepper, paprika, lime juice, a pinch of salt and mix properly. Store in fridge until ready to serve.
- Step 4 Butter your hot dog buns and set on a grill for 2-3 mins and set aside.
- Step 5 Top your buns with salmon mix and serve with any potato chips of choice
- Step 6
Hello Everyone! I hope you are having a great week. Today’s recipe is my delicious, well seasoned grilled red snapper fish. Red Snapper is one of my favorite fish and it was a no-brainer when I wanted to cook something nice for my mum. She […]
Hello Everyone! I hope you all are having a great week so far. So in collaboration with Zinny’s Factor, here’s another delicious quick recipe you can prepare for work. Fried rice is loved by everyone! I mean!! Its fried rice; one of my favorite is […]
Happy new week! It has been a restful weekend and I just feel energized and ready to take on this week. Since we are in the last few days of summer, pepper soup will definitely come in handy while I embrace the cold cold fall and winter days. I made this with my favorite fish 😍😍 and it never fails; I know this is something you and your folks will love to have also. Pepper Soup is a West African delicacy which is prepared using different kinds of meat, it is peppery, and it is light and watery in texture. I usually enjoy this soup with a side of steamed rice, it is just the perfect combination; and when I am down with a cold, I have it just as it is. Yum mm just Delicious 😋 😍 So without further ado here is my recipe to Catfish Pepper Soup 😋
PS: All ingredients can be gotten from any West Indian or African grocery store.
Now let’s get to it!
Catfish Pepper Soup
- Catfish (cleaned, washed and cut into 4 pieces)
- 1 Red Onion
- 2- 3 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 1 and ½ tbsp of Ground Crayfish
- Black Pepper (Freshly Grinded, and it is optional)
- 1 and half tsp of Uziza Leaves
- 1 tsp of Ground Pepper soup or Banga soup Spices
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 2-3 Seasoning Cubes
- 4-5 Cups of Water
- Step 1 To clean Catfish, place fish in a bowl, add salt and hot water. The slimy skin will come off and it will kill any unwanted bacteria. Repeat process 3 times, rinse off with cold water and set aside.
- Step 2 Place cleaned Catfish in cooking pot. Blend Scotch bonnet and Red onion with very little water and add to pot. Add 4- 5 cups of water, depending on the quantity of soup needed
- Step 3 5 is ideal because the liquid will reduce later on. Add ground crayfish, black pepper, bay leaves, seasoning cubes and salt. Cover and cook on medium high heat for about 15 to 20 mins. All ingredients will have married together, and the soup will become light brown in color. Add salt according to preference and also you can reduce the amount of scotch bonnet pepper used if you do not like a lot of heat.
- Step 4 Reduce heat to medium low, and stir
- Step 5 stir carefully to not break the fish into pieces. You can hold both pot handles and gently shake the pot to stir. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed, by adding only salt or one seasoning cube. Add more water, if you need more soup/liquids. If you added more water, adjust seasoning with ½ a teaspoon of ground crayfish, one seasoning cube, salt, cover and cook for an additional 7- 10 minutes so added ingredients can marry together. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 6 Add pepper soup or banga soup spices, and cook for 7-10 mins still on medium low heat. Taste for seasoning and adjust if needed because the soup is ready at this point. If you need more seasoning or soup/ liquids repeat step 3 until you achieve your desired quantity and taste.
- Step 7 Reduce heat to simmer and add uziza leaves. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Step 8 Your food is ready!!
- Step 9
You can serve pepper soup with rice or yam and you can also enjoy on it’s own .
Hello Everyone! I hope you are all having a lovely day. So a fellow blogger whom I am also proud to call a friend reached out to me. She requested I come up with quick and easy recipes you can prepare for work, so she […]