Happy new week!! Welcome to December,so glad we are almost done with 2016. It has been a year, filled with adventures, growth and many many rollercoasters but still I am counting my blessings 🙂 Honestly looking back I am very happy with the way my year went regardless of the difficulties and obstacles, I guess that’s where the growth comes from because I am still here! 💃 So guys, enjoy the rest of your year and remember to take each day with ease, love and happiness.
Today’s recipe is one of the delights I served my friends and family on thanksgiving, Char Siu! This means Chinese BBQ, and it is commonly used to prepare pork but as always I switched things up and used chicken instead of Pork. Simply because my friends and family will prefer chicken more than the pork and when you are catering to people,the number 1 rule is to always give the people what they want and will enjoy better. This paired so well with the Jollof Rice and coleslaw I had on the table. It is super super easy to make, no stress, minimal cleaning and preparation required and lastly so so so so delicious! need I say more. You can enjoy this chicken with white rice, fries or any kind of salad for my healthy people. Hey Zinny Factor here is another easy recipe you can share with your readers.
Please be sure visit Zinny Factor for your daily dose of ideas and solutions on how you can maximize productivity within your work place. This is for all professionals and trust me it will be worth your time.
Now let’s get to it.
Char Siu Chicken
- 4 Chicken Quarters
- 1 tbsp of Rice Wine
- 1 tsp of Five Spice Powder
- 5 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 1 tbsp of Ginger Powder
- 2 tbsp of Red Bean Curd
- 1 tbsp of Light Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp of Dark Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp of Hoisin Sauce
- 1 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
- 2 tbsp of Honey or Sugar
- 1 tsp of Sesame Oil (optional)
- Step 1 Clean and dry Chicken Quarters. Place Chicken in a large ziplock bag.
- Step 2 Properly add and mix all ingredients in a bowl.
- Step 3 Add marinade into the ziplock bag, shake and properly coat chicken quarters.Seal ziplock bag tightly and refrigerate for at least 6 hours
- Step 4 for ultimate flavor, marinate overnight. Use ¾ of the marinade and set the rest aside.
- Step 5 Preheat oven to 305 degree F on grill. Grill on both sides for 30-40 mins or until well done. Coat chicken with the remaining marinade after 15 mins of cooking before flipping to the other side. If the chicken starts to blacken do not panic, it is just the honey your chicken is not burning.
- Step 6 Your food is ready!!!
Serve with Rice, Coleslaw or Fries