To officially launch my blog I will be giving out my recipe for my buttery and flavorful chicken and mushroom stir-fry sauce. So this delicious meal is adopted from various recipes I have personally tried in the past but with my own little twist :D. What I really like about this sauce are the flavors, the buttery feel and how it blends with any side dish giving you a smooth and yummy experience in your mouth! This sauce has a little Indian feel to it from the quantity of cumin used; I served and enjoyed my sauce with Indian Basmati rice, giving it a semi-Indian experience… or not? 😳
This is a quick meal to make but I advise you marinate the chicken a night or hours before you are ready to cook for more flavor. For my Fit fams, you can still enjoy this dish by substituting baking the chicken instead of frying it, serving it with brown rice or pasta and cutting down on the quantity of butter used.
This simple chicken recipe requires some effort and patience but it is all worth it in the end as it delivers BIG punchy flavors. It’s delicious and perfect for a family meal, treating your guests or if you are simply trying to impress that special someone 😉
My friends loved this meal, however my African friends wanted it more spicy (HOT) and a little more salt added. So when preparing this dish as indicted add your spices and salt to your own taste.
CHICKEN & MUSHROOM STIR-FRY SAUCE
- Chicken Marinade Recipe:
- 2 pounds skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 1 tsp rosemary leaves
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp hot chili powder
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- Corn starch
- 2 Eggs
- Vegetable Oil
- Sauce Recipe:
- Half red bell pepper (chopped chunky)
- Half green bell pepper (chopped chunky)
- 2 medium sized Carrots (chopped chunky)
- Half chopped cauliflower
- 2 chopped scallions
- 1 cup of mushrooms
- 3 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 sliced onion
- 1/4 cup of unsalted butter
- 1 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tsp of ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp of hot chili powder
- 1 tsp of paprika
- A cube of seasoning cubes: chicken flavor (optional)
- 3 cups of chicken broth
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce
- 2 tbsp of corn starch (thickener)
- 1/4 cup of lukewarm water ( use dry measuring cups)
- Step 1 In a bowl add your room temperature diced chicken thighs. Add the spices listed above, oil and salt to taste
- Step 2 add as much salt as needed or the quantity that soothes you. Close the bowl using a foil paper or plastic wrap air tight and place in fridge for an hour or more.
- Step 3 Fill a large skillet with about 1/3 to 1/4 full with vegetable oil, put on medium heat until very hot. Beat your eggs in a bowl and fill a separate one with corn starch. Dip chicken pieces, one at a time in the eggs and then coat with corn starch. Put in as many chicken pieces as the skillet can hold. Cook for 3 minutes or until golden brown and then drain the fried chicken on paper towels.
- Step 4 Place your sauce pan on medium heat until hot then add half of the butter into the sauce pan with your sliced onion and minced garlic
- Step 5 cook until translucent and then add your mushrooms for 2 minutes. Add your vegetables and spices (cumin, cinnamon, chili powder and paprika) and remaining butter, then stir fry for 3 minutes. Add chicken broth, fried chicken, seasoning cube, soy sauce and salt to taste
- Step 6 add as much salt as needed or to your taste. Cook vegetables and chicken for 2- 3 minutes, in a bowl mix corn starch and lukewarm water and add to sauce to thicken. When sauce is thickened add your scallions and leave to simmer for 1- 2 minutes. Your Sauce is ready!!!
- Step 7 Serve with choice of rice or pasta!