Chicken & Quinoa (Mexican Style)
July 23, 2017
: 20 min
: 40 min
: 1 hr
- 2 Cups of Quinoa
- 2 lbs of Chicken Thighs
- 1 Small Yellow Onion (Chopped)
- 1 Cup of Bell Peppers (Diced)
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic (Minced)
- 2 Cups of Chicken or Vegetable Broth
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
- ⅓ Cup of Kernel Corn
- ½ Cup of Black Beans
- 5-6 tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 tsp of Spanish Paprika
- 1 tsp of Chili Pepper
- ¼ tsp of Black Pepper
- ¼ tsp of White Pepper
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 1 tsp of Dried Thyme or Oregano
- 1 Chicken Seasoning Cube
- Parsley (chopped for garnish)
- 1 Lime
- Step 1 Clean and Dry Chicken Thighs. Season with seasoning cube, salt and pepper. Set aside for 30 mins. Add salt and pepper according to preference.
- Step 2 In a hot pan add 2 tbsp of Olive Oil. Pan sear on both sides for 5-6 mins each or until browned. Set Chicken aside including chicken juice. Clean pan with paper towel.
- Step 3 Add 3 tbsp of Olive oil in a clean pan and place on medium heat. Add onion and garlic for 1-2 minutes. Do not let garlic burn. Add bell peppers, tomatoes, corn, black beans, salt and spices. Stir properly and let it cook for about 2-4 minutes. Add quinoa, place chicken thighs in the pan properly and add broth. Cover and cook on medium low heat for about 20-25 minutes. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 4 Mix in Lime juice and Parsley. Leave to simmer for 1-2 minutes.
- Step 5 Your food is ready!! You can top with Chopped Avocado for that extra flavor.