Happy New Week!! Today’s lunch or dinner inspiration is my delicious creamy chicken and mushroom pasta. Yummmmm!😋 What I love about this dish is the way the shells hold on to the sauce, enjoying each other’s warm embrace ah!! just amazing. It’s super easy and it is always a hit when I prepare this for my friends, and my clients are always pleased. I used coconut milk instead of cream because of its richness and it makes everything so much better! The simplicity of this meal, makes it stand out and it is always on my menu; comfort food at it’s finest.
Now let’s get to it.
Creamy Chicken and Mushroom Pasta
- 1 lb of Chicken Thighs (cut in chunks)
- 3 cups of Shells Pasta
- 1 cup of Cremini Mushroom
- 2 cups of Chicken stock
- 2-3 Cups of Coconut Milk
- Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Yellow Onion (halved and chopped)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- A pinch of Fresh Nutmeg (Grated)
- 1 tsp of black pepper
- ½ tsp of Ground Chili Pepper
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 tbsp of Rosemary leaves
- Parsley (Finely chopped)
- 2-3 tbsp of Butter
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Step 1 In a bowl, Season Chicken with black pepper, chili pepper, paprika and salt. Marinate for 20- 25 mins. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 2 In a sauce pan, add your olive oil and when hot, add your chicken and cook until chicken is no longer pink on the inside. Cook on medium heat.
- Step 3 Add onions,garlic, rosemary leaves and mushroom and cook until translucent. Add your chicken stock and cook for about 5-6 minutes until the stock reduces to half.
- Step 4 Bring water to a boil in a separate pot and cook pasta until Al Dente. Make sure you salt your water as salty as seawater. Sieve pasta when cooked and place back into pot. Save ¼ cup of pasta water.
- Step 5 Add your coconut milk and nutmeg into your sauce and simmer for 4-5 minutes.
- Step 6 In your pasta pot, add butter, reserved pasta water and Parmesan Cheese into pasta and stir on medium low heat for 1-2 minutes. Add your creamy sauce into pasta, garnish with parsley and properly stir altogether.
- Step 7 Your Food is ready!!!