I hope this week has been good to you. In collaboration with Zinny Factor, here is another quick healthy lunch recipe you can prepare for work. I made this sometime ago for work and I brought some along for my co-workers; they always like to “taste” 😄😉 meals I bring to work, they loveeeddd it. It’s light, tasty and full of flavors and it really pairs well with couscous. It’s easy to prepare, fast and very cheap! Yes I say cheap because most of the ingredients are already in your kitchen cabinet. Part of starting a healthy diet or living a healthy balanced lifestyle is cooking your own food and saying no to take outs. When you prepare your own meals, you stand a chance of maintaining a healthy diet and you get to save money; besides it’s fun to cook and recreating or creating recipes.
Please be sure to visit Zinny Factor for your daily dose of ideas and solutions on how you can maximize productivity within your workplace.
Now let’s get to it.
Crispy Chicken Thighs with Peppers
- 1 lb of Chicken thighs with skin
- Bell Peppers (cleaned and sliced)
- Yellow Onion (halved and sliced)
- 2 Cloves of Garlic ( minced)
- 1 tbsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp of Black pepper
- 1 tsp of Ground Chilli Pepper
- 1 and ½ tsp of Ground Ginger
- 1 Chicken Seasoning Cube
- ¼ cup of Chicken Broth
- 4 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Sesame Oil (optional)
- Step 1 Preheat oven on 425 degrees F
- Step 2 Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper and set aside. Heat 2 tbsp of olive oil in pan on medium high heat. When oil it is hot, add chicken and brown on both sides. Place chicken skin sides down first until brown and/or crispy and turn on the other side and do the same. Set chicken and drippings aside. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 3 Add 2 tbsp of olive oil in pan and when it is hot, saute peppers, onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes. Add chicken broth, Italian seasoning, ginger, chili pepper, seasoning cube and salt
- Step 4 put heat on medium low and cook for 2 mins.
- Step 5 Place chicken into pan with drippings, with the skin sides facing up, drizzle a little sesame oil on the chicken and bake for 15- 20 mins or until well done.
- Step 6 Your food is ready!!!
Serve chicken thighs with couscous, quinoa or any grain of choice.