This pizza recipe was inspired by Cajun Dirty Rice. This is one recipe I would love to share on this blog sometime in the future.
You know that simple, inexpensive, and fast recipe that is your go-to; you know it, Bangs! every time you make it, that’s my dirty fried rice recipe. It’s one of my favorite things to make and has made me a lot of money when I offer it to my catering clients.
I use 2 types of sausages: Mild Italian Sausage & Hot Longanisa Sausage, sautéed onions & green peppers for that sweet touch *chef kiss* it’s just lovely.
If you are coming from my Beef Suya, Fried Plantain & Fried Capers recipe post, then you know I used store-bought pizza dough and sauce.
I know what some of you might be thinking… I used to side-eye people in grocery stores who use store-bought pizza sauces specifically lol. As a part-time chef and self-proclaimed food connoisseur, I believe there are specific foods that should be made from scratch, but honestly store-bought pizza dough and sauce work just fine, with a delicious result. Can we all take this moment to celebrate my growth? While I still believe in making my sauces, broths, etc. there are still some really good brands you can use with really good results.
For this recipe, I used Panache’s Stone Baked Original Pizza Crust & Primo’s Traditional Pizza Sauce in the squeeze bottle. I find that the Pizza Sauce isn’t as tangy with the additional cooking time on the pizza plus your toppings give it the extra flavor kick it needs. And for the pizza dough, it has a fluffy and light interior and if you want very crisp ends, you can bake directly on a baking pan for 12-14 mins on 375 F. You can literally have amazing pizza you can be proud of, on your hands in 30 mins.
I love the combination of both sausages. The sweet slightly hot Longanisa sausage, the sautéed onions, and green peppers do it for me. I think that’s what takes this pizza to the next level. This is a recipe that is worth your time. You can also use Provolone Cheese in place of the Swiss cheese; if you are feeling extra cheesy, you can use all three.
Now let’s get to it!
Tried this recipe?
Sharing is caring 😃😏
Mention me @thefoodisciple #thefoodisciple and pin this recipe
- Baked Pizza Dough (store-bought)
- 1/2 Cup Pizza Sauce
- 3 Mild Italian Sausage
- 2 Hot Longanisa Sausage
- 1 tbsp Sazon Seasoning
- 1 tbsp Slap Ya Mama Seasoning
- 1 medium-sized White Onions (sliced)
- 1 Green Bell pepper (sliced)
- Kosher Salt (add to preference)
- Olive Oil
- Fresh Basil Leaves
- 1 Cup Grated Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 Cup Grated Swiss Cheese
- Step 1 Remove sausages from casings and break apart. In a non-stick pan, add 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat. Sauté sausages, season with Sazon, slap ya mama, and salt for 4-6 mins or until cooked. In the same pan sauté onions and green peppers for 2-3 mins with salt. Set aside.
- Step 2 Preheat oven to 375 F. In a non-stick pan, add 2 tbsp of olive oil on medium heat. Sauté ground sausages for 4-6 mins or until cooked, reserve oil drips from pan.
- Step 3 Line pan with parchment paper and assemble the pizza. Top Pizza dough with sauce, half mozzarella & Swiss cheese, ground sausage, onions, peppers, and fresh basil leaves. Top basil leaves with reserved oil drippings from sausages. Top with remaining cheese and bake for 10- 11 mins and for crispy ends for 12-14 mins.