It has been a while and I hope you all are having a great weekend. I must say it has not been the easiest week for me, it has been mentally and physically draining; and I am in need of a pick me up. Out of the bloom, I had weird cravings for pancakes and I say weird because, I like pancakes but it is not always my first choice for breakfast. However, my pancake recipe is one way to get anyone going, it’s fluffy, moist and deeeliicious 😋 I topped mine with my favorite toppings, strawberries, banana and blueberries; sadly I was out of blueberries but the show must go on 👯 and finally finished this plate of deliciousness with confectioners sugar and Aunt Jemima’s Syrup 😍 You can use any syrup of choice, but Aunt Jemima is the truth!
Now let’s get to it.
- 1 and ½ cup of Flour
- 1 tbsp o f Baking Powder
- ½ tbsp of Baking Soda
- 2 Eggs
- 3 tbsp of Melted Unsalted Butter
- 3-4 tbsp of Unsalted Butter (To Fry)
- 2 and ½ tbsp of Sugar
- 2- 3 drops of French Vanilla Extract
- 1 and ¼ cup of Half and Half Cream
- A pinch of Salt
- Step 1 In a bowl, mix flour, sugar, salt, baking powder and soda.
- Step 2 In a separate bowl, add your eggs and beat until it begins to produce bubbles. Add your cream, french vanilla extract, melted butter and mix.
- Step 3 Incorporate dry ingredients into the wet ingredients and mix properly until smooth. Set aside for at least 30 mins.
- Step 4 In a pan, add half a teaspoon of butter on medium low heat. When hot use a ladle or ¼ cup to scoop batter into the pan. When bubbles begin to appear and break, turnover and cook on the other side until both sides are brown. PS: I used some olive oil to prevent sticking because I was using a stainless steel pan.
- Step 5 Your food is ready!!
You can top Pancakes with any toppings of your choice and drizzle with syrup