Happy Sunday! For all my sweet tooth’s, today’s recipe is a sweeeet treat that is perfect for brunch. I think this recipe is specially for the ladies and I guarantee this will lock any man down 😉💪. So if you are looking to get that special someone for upcoming cuffing season, get engaged and possible walk down the aisle this is for you 😆 👇 I mean imagine serving this plate of goodness to your man on a relaxing saturday or sunday morning after a busy week or night😉, I do not need to say more 👌 So ladies get in here and start cooking, do not worry thank me later 👊 Guys do not feel left out, you can also join in on this recipe for that special someone. Oh! before I forget, it is also very affordable to prepare, ignore the fancy name it’s all packaging 😁 ingredients are easily accessible, affordable and also versatile.
Now let’s get to it.
French Toast served on Strawberry Balsamic Gastrique topped with Pecan & Cream Ice Cream, Glazed Strawberries & Mint
- FRENCH TOAST:
- 8 Slices of Bread ( Brioche preferable)
- 3 large Eggs
- 1 cup of Half and Half Cream
- 1 tsp of French Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- 4-5 tbsp of butter
- STRAWBERRY BALSAMIC GASTRIQUE:
- 2 cups of Strawberries (hulled and halved)
- 2 cups of Sugar
- 1 and ½ cup of hot water
- ½ cup of Balsamic Vinegar
- GLAZED STRAWBERRIES:
- 1 lb of Strawberries
- 1 tbsp of Butter
- 2 tbsp of Sugar
- 1 Lemon (halved and freshly squeezed)
- ½ tsp of Ground Cinnamon
- Step 1 Use stale bread to make the perfect french toast. If you have fresh bread, preheat your oven to 300 F and place your bread in the oven
- Step 2 toast on both sides for 8 minutes each and set aside.
- Step 3 To prepare your gastrique, add your water to a sauce pan on medium low heat, add your sugar, stir and leave to dissolve. Once sugar is dissolved, add your strawberries and simmer on low heat for at least 30 mins. Add your balsamic vinegar, stir and bring to a boil on high heat for 1-2 minutes. Reduce your heat to low and simmer for another 30 mins or until the sauce has thickened. Remove from heat and set aside to cool, strain and place in refrigerator until ready to use. Gastrique can last up to 2 weeks when refrigerated.
- Step 4 To prepare glazed strawberries, add your butter, sugar, cinnamon and lemon juice in a sauce pan. Place on medium heat and let it cook until it attains a syrup like texture. Remove from heat, and toss strawberries until properly coated. Place in refrigerator until ready to use.
- Step 5 To prepare french toast, add eggs, half and half cream, ground cinnamon and french vanilla extract in a bowl and whisk until properly combined. Place pan on medium low heat and add butter. Dip each bread in the egg mixture and coat properly. Fry bread until golden brown on both sides when butter in pan starts to bubble .
- Step 6 Your food is ready!!!
Serve French Toast with Pecan and Cream Ice Cream and top with Gastrique, Glazed Strawberries and mint.