We all have that week were we can’t seem to catch a break, we are so busy that thinking of lunch for work does not even come close; and you end up spending half of your budget for the week on getting fast food. Not to worry anymore, this post is for you. This easy and quick week day meal is so affordable and not time consuming, that it is only ready in 30 mins! Yes I said it “30 MINUTES”😱 Because you have a busy schedule, does not mean you do not get to have a delicious, healthy meal for work; my love for food will not let me eat food that is not up to par. This recipe is not only affordable, it is simple, quick and you do not need to have any level of cooking skills to achieve this. All you need to do is follow the instructions and viola! deliciousness for lunch, I bet your co-workers will be salivating over your lunch until their throats run dry, sorry not sorry (In my demi lovato voice😀) Zinny Factor I am sure your readers will love to try this recipe, this will assist them in achieving their daily goals😀
Now let’s get to it.
Garlic Chicken & Mushroom Quinoa
- 1 Cup of Quinoa
- 1 lbs of Chicken thighs (sliced for stir fry)
- 1 Cup of sliced Cremini Mushrooms
- 4-5 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 Medium yellow Onion (finely diced)
- 2 Cups of Chicken Stock/broth
- 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp of Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Parsley Flakes for garnish
- Step 1 To prepare quinoa, add chicken stock and quinoa in a pot stir and bring to a boil. Turn of heat, stir, cover and leave to sit so the quinoa can soak up all liquids.
- Step 2 In a saute pan or skillet, add 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium high heat and stir fry chicken for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set chicken aside, discard liquid.
- Step 3 Clean pan and add 2 tbsp of oil. When hot add your onion and cook until soft. Add mushrooms, garlic and italian seasoning
- Step 4 saute for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and then add your chicken and quinoa
- Step 5 Saute for an additional 3-5 minutes. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Step 6 Your food is ready!!