I do not think it is possible for a person to have a favorite food with the amount of deliciousness in the world but this dish is really cutting it very close to the top of my very list. Oh My God! where do I start from, JAMAICAN OXTAIL STEW IS LIFE!!! No words can describe how good this is and how much love I have💓, I mean it really! there would be no end to this😍 The oxtail is properly seasoned and slow cooked until the meat is so soft that it falls off the bone and the gravy thickens😋 mmmhmmmm. This Caribbean treasure is the key to my heart, the food that makes my stomach rumble and my mouth water. Guys I really recommend you try this recipe, you just have to and I bet you, your eyes will be opened to a lot of new possibilities. Okay now I am just being very dramatic 😀 but click the link below now! I will love to hear your feedback.
Now let’s get to it.
Jamaican Oxtail Stew
- 2 lbs of Oxtail
- 1 large sliced Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (medium)
- 1 and ½ tsp of Dried Thyme or 1 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves
- 2-3 sliced Scotch Bonnet (Remove seeds to reduce heat)
- 2 tbsp of Tomato Ketchup
- 1 and ½ tbsp of Worchestire Sauce
- 1 Can of Lima Beans (Butter Beans)
- 1 tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 and ½ tbsp of Salt
- 3-4 Cups of Water
- 2 tbsp of Cooking oil
- Step 1 Clean and place oxtail in a dry bowl. Use paper towel to pat meat dry to remove any excess liquid. Season oxtail with garlic, salt, pepper and onion. Properly mix seasoning with oxtail, cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight for best result or at least 2 hours.
- Step 2 Heat oil in saucepan, remove onion from meat and set aside. Add oxtail to the pan and saute until browned. This will seal in all juices into the meat.
- Step 3 Add 1 cup of water, onion, tomato ketchup, worchestire sauce, scotch bonnet and thyme. Stir properly and cook on medium high heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Step 4 Add 2 cups of water or until the water just covers the meat. Stir, cover and cook on medium low heat and simmer for 2- 3 hours or until the meat falls off the bone.
- Step 5 Uncover, adjust seasoning with salt if needed. Drain Lima beans and add to sauce with half of the liquid from the can and stir. Increase heat to medium and cook uncovered until sauce thickens. Stir occasionally to avoid the sauce from sticking to the pot. Remove from heat and leave to cool when sauce thickens.
- Step 6 Your oxtail is ready!!!
- Step 7 Serve with Rice and Peas & coleslaw or steamed rice.