Korean BBQ Baby Back Ribs
July 23, 2017
: 20 min
: 7 hr 10 min
: 7 hr 30 min
- 1 Rack of Baby Back Ribs
- ⅓ cup of Soy Sauce
- ½ cup of Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp of Chili Paste
- 3 tbsp of Rice Vinegar
- 4-5 tbsp of Honey or Maple Syrup
- 5 stalks of Scallion (thinly sliced)
- 4-5 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp of Fresh Ginger (peeled and grated)
- 1 tsp of Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- A pinch of Salt (kosher salt preferable)
- 2 and ½ tbsp of Sesame Seeds (toast for more flavor)
- 2 tbsp of Sesame oil
- 4-5 Vegetable oil for grilling
- Step 1 Clean and dry Ribs. Use a paper towel and lightly tap until dried.
- Step 2 In a small bowl, add your soy sauce and brown sugar and mix until sugar completely dissolves. Mix remaining ingredient properly except vegetable oil. Save 1 cup of marinade in a small container and refrigerate.
- Step 3 Add ribs to a bowl that can contain the ribs, add marinade and coat ribs properly. Tightly seal with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 6 hours, overnight for best result.
- Step 4 Preheat oven to 400 F. Let ribs come to room temperature before cooking.
- Step 5 Line your baking tray or dish with aluminum foil, Place the ribs on the foil and lightly wrap ribs with more foil paper. Reduce oven to 375 F and place tray into the oven for 45- 50 mins.
- Step 6 Add the reserved marinade in a small pot and leave to simmer while stirring until it thickens to a glaze-like consistency and it should take 8 to 10 minutes. There you have your glaze.
- Step 7 Once your ribs in the oven are done, transfer to a grill to get that beautiful charred color you know your ribs to be. I used a grill pan on my stove on medium heat.
- Step 8 Lightly grease your grill pan with your vegetable oil using a cooking brush. Place ribs on pan, brush glaze very lightly on your ribs and grill flipping every 1 minute to avoid it from sticking or burning, do this for 5-7 minutes and viola!
- Step 9 Your food is ready!!
- Step 10 NOTE: The glaze can be served on the side as a dipping sauce or eaten with rice.
- Step 11
- Step 12 Serve with Fried or Steamed Rice, Fries or Enjoy as it is.