I hope you had a great weekend. To kick off this week, the recipe for the day is Mexican Chicken and Beans and it is best served with Tortillas. It is very tasty, suppper! fast and healthy. I got this recipe online a while back when I was searching for meals to prepare that are simple, filling and healthy, and I fell in love!!. You can have this meal for lunch or dinner, I usually have mine for lunch, simply because it is light and at the same time holds my appetite just in time for dinner. Ingredients are easy to find at your local grocery store and more importantly cheap!
Now let’s get to it!
Mexican Chicken and Beans
- 1 Pound Chicken thighs
- 4 Tortillas
- 1 Can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 Can Whole Kernel Corn
- ⅓ cup of water
- 1 package Old El Paso Taco Seasoning Mix
- 1 tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 tsp of Chili Pepper
- 2 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Step 1 In a bowl, add your chicken, black pepper, Chili pepper and Salt. Mix and marinate for 10-15 minutes.
- Step 2 In a hot skillet or pan, add your oil. When oil is hot, add your chicken and cook on both sides for 7-10 minutes or until fully cooked. Cook on medium-high heat.
- Step 3 Stir in corn, black beans, water and seasoning mix. Let it cook for 7-10 minutes or until sauce thickens while stirring frequently. You can add more vegetables for more flavor.
- Step 4 Your food is ready.
- Step 5
- Step 6 Serve with Tortillas!
- Step 7
Recipe adopted from BettyCrocker. and has been revamped in time for more intense flavors to soothe preference.