Happy new week! I hope you all had a great weekend. Am so excited and looking forward to the coming weekend because one of my favorite holiday is coming up. Thanksgiving!! 💃💃 I love this holiday so much simply because I get to host my friends and family over and more importantly it’s a long weekend! I get one more day to just relax and do absolutely nothing 😀 So today’s recipe was inspired by the dozens of Indomie posts I have been seeing all over instagram 😤 I started craving noodles so bad! Anyway, I got myself in the kitchen and made a delicious plate of goodness and I topped it up with some of my favorite things, corned beef, sausages and eggs; great combination 👍 I grew up eating Indomie noodles a lot, it was basically every child’s number 1 go to meal in Nigeria. Moving to Canada did not change a thing, however it changed the type of Indomie noodles I prepared. Indomie is a brand and they produce flavors based on the country they are manufacturing for. Purchasing the kind of Indomie noodles sold in Nigeria is very expensive for a box, so I had to substitute for Mie Goreng (Indomie noodles produced in Indonesia) which is more affordable I mean you can get 2 for a $1 or a box for $10 in any Asian grocery store 🙆 just amazzziiingg! This recipe is a quick go to meal you can make for lunch or dinner. It’s easy and not time consuming, besides its something different, who would have thought Indomie noodles can look and taste like this 👍💪 Zinny’s Factor here is another recipe you can share with your viewers. So lets get to this delicious Indomie recipe, try it and let me know what you think.
Please be sure to visit Zinny Factor for your daily dose of ideas and solutions on how you can maximize productivity within your workplace.
Mi Goreng Noodles served with Pan Seared Linguica and boiled Eggs
- Mie Goreng Noodles- 4
- Corned Beef- 4-5 tbsp
- Cherry Tomatoes- ½ cup (cleaned and halved)
- 2 Scotch Bonnet Pepper (Sliced)
- Yellow Onion (sliced)
- 2 Stalks of Scallion (sliced)
- 1 Carrot (diced)
- Green Pepper (diced)
- Linguica Sausages (sliced)
- 2 Boiled Eggs
- 5-6 tbsp of butter
- 3 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Sesame Oil
- Mint leaves
- Pepper Flakes
- Step 1 Bring water to a boil, cook noodles for 1-2 minutes, strain and set aside. Place noodles in a bowl, and add noodle seasonings except fried onions.
- Step 2 In a pan, add 2 tbsp of olive oil and butter on medium heat. Add onions, scallions, cherry tomatoes, carrot, green pepper, scotch bonnet peppers and saute for 4-5 minutes.
- Step 3 Add corned beef and cook for 2-4 minutes. Add your noodles using tongs and cook with vegetables until all ingredients have married all together. Drizzle some sesame oil and increase heat to medium high and cook for a minute. Remove from heat and plate.
- Step 4 In a pan, add 1 tbsp of oil and cook sausages for 2-4 minutes on both sides until colored beautifully. Garnish noodles with fried onion, pepper flakes and mint.
- Step 5 Food is ready!!!