Hello Everyone! Is it just me or does it seem like August ran by so fast? OMG it’s hard to believe summer is basically over, it was just yesterday when I was rocking my favorite dresses and sipping on sangria and iced teas; God! it […]
I do not think it is possible for a person to have a favorite food with the amount of deliciousness in the world but this dish is really cutting it very close to the top of my very list. Oh My God! where do I start from, JAMAICAN OXTAIL STEW IS LIFE!!! No words can describe how good this is and how much love I have💓, I mean it really! there would be no end to this😍 The oxtail is properly seasoned and slow cooked until the meat is so soft that it falls off the bone and the gravy thickens😋 mmmhmmmm. This Caribbean treasure is the key to my heart, the food that makes my stomach rumble and my mouth water. Guys I really recommend you try this recipe, you just have to and I bet you, your eyes will be opened to a lot of new possibilities. Okay now I am just being very dramatic 😀 but click the link below now! I will love to hear your feedback.
Now let’s get to it.
Jamaican Oxtail Stew
- 2 lbs of Oxtail
- 1 large sliced Onion
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (medium)
- 1 and ½ tsp of Dried Thyme or 1 tbsp of fresh thyme leaves
- 2-3 sliced Scotch Bonnet (Remove seeds to reduce heat)
- 2 tbsp of Tomato Ketchup
- 1 and ½ tbsp of Worchestire Sauce
- 1 Can of Lima Beans (Butter Beans)
- 1 tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 and ½ tbsp of Salt
- 3-4 Cups of Water
- 2 tbsp of Cooking oil
- Step 1 Clean and place oxtail in a dry bowl. Use paper towel to pat meat dry to remove any excess liquid. Season oxtail with garlic, salt, pepper and onion. Properly mix seasoning with oxtail, cover and marinate in refrigerator overnight for best result or at least 2 hours.
- Step 2 Heat oil in saucepan, remove onion from meat and set aside. Add oxtail to the pan and saute until browned. This will seal in all juices into the meat.
- Step 3 Add 1 cup of water, onion, tomato ketchup, worchestire sauce, scotch bonnet and thyme. Stir properly and cook on medium high heat for 5-8 minutes.
- Step 4 Add 2 cups of water or until the water just covers the meat. Stir, cover and cook on medium low heat and simmer for 2- 3 hours or until the meat falls off the bone.
- Step 5 Uncover, adjust seasoning with salt if needed. Drain Lima beans and add to sauce with half of the liquid from the can and stir. Increase heat to medium and cook uncovered until sauce thickens. Stir occasionally to avoid the sauce from sticking to the pot. Remove from heat and leave to cool when sauce thickens.
- Step 6 Your oxtail is ready!!!
- Step 7 Serve with Rice and Peas & coleslaw or steamed rice.
Hello Everyone! Creole sauce is a tomato sauce or gravy made with cooking vegetables in oil and chicken stock. This sauce is a Caribbean delight, and it is also enjoyed very well in the southern part of America. Creole sauce is great for topping meats […]
Hello Everyone! This is another one of those recipes I have been meaning to blog about and to be frank I have been lazy getting to it 😀 Moi Moi is a Nigerian delight made from blended beans as the base and steamed in a […]
We all have that week were we can’t seem to catch a break, we are so busy that thinking of lunch for work does not even come close; and you end up spending half of your budget for the week on getting fast food. Not to worry anymore, this post is for you. This easy and quick week day meal is so affordable and not time consuming, that it is only ready in 30 mins! Yes I said it “30 MINUTES”😱 Because you have a busy schedule, does not mean you do not get to have a delicious, healthy meal for work; my love for food will not let me eat food that is not up to par. This recipe is not only affordable, it is simple, quick and you do not need to have any level of cooking skills to achieve this. All you need to do is follow the instructions and viola! deliciousness for lunch, I bet your co-workers will be salivating over your lunch until their throats run dry, sorry not sorry (In my demi lovato voice😀) Zinny Factor I am sure your readers will love to try this recipe, this will assist them in achieving their daily goals😀
Now let’s get to it.
Garlic Chicken & Mushroom Quinoa
- 1 Cup of Quinoa
- 1 lbs of Chicken thighs (sliced for stir fry)
- 1 Cup of sliced Cremini Mushrooms
- 4-5 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 Medium yellow Onion (finely diced)
- 2 Cups of Chicken Stock/broth
- 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp of Black Pepper
- Olive Oil
- Parsley Flakes for garnish
- Step 1 To prepare quinoa, add chicken stock and quinoa in a pot stir and bring to a boil. Turn of heat, stir, cover and leave to sit so the quinoa can soak up all liquids.
- Step 2 In a saute pan or skillet, add 1 tbsp of olive oil on medium high heat and stir fry chicken for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set chicken aside, discard liquid.
- Step 3 Clean pan and add 2 tbsp of oil. When hot add your onion and cook until soft. Add mushrooms, garlic and italian seasoning
- Step 4 saute for 3-4 minutes. Season with salt and pepper and then add your chicken and quinoa
- Step 5 Saute for an additional 3-5 minutes. Adjust seasoning if needed.
- Step 6 Your food is ready!!
Hello Everyone! CATFISH!! Ahh my favorite kind of fish ❤ This stew is definitely one of my favorite meals to prepare. I enjoy this with white Basmati or Jasmine rice on a nice Sunday morning. If you are Nigerian, you know rice is a must on […]
Hello Everyone! I will not describe myself as a sweet tooth but when I have my unusual sweet cravings there are certain kinds of foods I like to enjoy. I loveee crepes and I enjoy them for breakfast and more frequently for dessert (when I […]
Oven Baked Suya Pepper Chicken
- 3 Chicken Thighs
- 1/2 Cup of Suya Pepper Spice
- 1/3 Cup of Olive Oil
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 1 tbsp of Garlic Powder
- 1/2 tbsp of Paprika
- 1/2 tsp of Cameroon Pepper (optional)
- 4-5 Szechuan Peppercorns
- 1 Green Bell Pepper
- 2 Seasoning Cubes
- 1 Small Onion
- ½ tbsp of Thyme
- 1/2 tbsp of Curry Powder
- 2 tbsp of Suya spice
- 1 Seasoning Cube
- 4-5 tbsp of olive oil
- Step 1 Seat oven to broil on low heat, pre-heat oven for 20-30mins
- Step 2 Clean and dry chicken, using a knife create 2 incisions per thigh so the marinade can penetrate into the chicken.
- Step 3 Blend all ingredients in a blender or food processor. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 4 Rub marinade on the chicken properly, cover and let marinate for 6 hours or at least an hour.
- Step 5 Place Chicken in a baking/grill pan (Skin side facing up) and place in the oven. Cook for 20 mins and then flip to the other side of the chicken. Cook for another 20 mins and then flip to the other part of the chicken (Skin side up again). Now glaze chicken with Suya spice and oil mixture and cook for another 10-15 mins or until chicken becomes golden brown and crisp.
- Step 6 Your Suya Chicken is Ready!!!
Hello Everyone! I have been waiting to write about this recipe for a while now and I have found the perfect time. If you love chicken gizzards, here is a lovely recipe you can achieve. I loveee me some chicken gizzards especially when it is […]