I hope you are having a great week. I have been M.I.A for a while now and that is because I have been ill, and when I got better work took over, and then I had to go away for my birthday and now, I AM BACK!!! I hope you did not miss me too much 😀😉 This recipe was inspired by a fellow blogger ‘Afrolems’ just amazing her work is 💜💜💜 I saw a post she did a while back and I wanted to recreate that dish with a little food disciple touch to it. Very creative this dish is, and this is because you usually have frittatas with potatoes and that is why I was so inclined to try it! I prepared this for my clients a while back and I am just getting around to posting it on the blog. It is SUUUUPPEER EASY, QUICK & DEELIICIOUS 😋 to prepare and all can be done from prep to finish under an hour. Zinny Factor here is another delicious meal you can share with your viewers; It is perfect for either breakfast or lunch. Before we get to the recipe, did I mention how delicious and yummy this is? OH MY 😋😍 The cheese just melts very well in your mouth with every bite, you just have to try it so you can understand the depth of how much I love this.
Please be sure to visit Zinny Factor for your daily dose of ideas and solutions on how you can maximize productivity within your workplace. This is for all professionals and trust me it will be worth your time.
Now let’s get to it.
- 3 Plantain (chunks or cubed)
- 8 Eggs
- 1 Cup of Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 2 Linguica Sausages (Sliced)
- Yellow Onion (Halved and Chopped)
- 2 Stalks of Scallion (chopped)
- 1 Cup of Cherry Tomatoes
- Bell Peppers (sliced or diced)
- 1 Carrot (halved and diced)
- Eggplant (diced) *optional*
- 2 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 2 tbsp of Butter
- 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil
- 2 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 and ½ tbsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of Garlic Powder
- Step 1 Heat oven on 325 degree Fahrenheit. Salt plantains, fry or grill plantains until golden brown and set aside. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 2 Place pan on medium low heat. Add 2 tbsp of Vegetable oil and leave to get hot. When it is hot, add your onion, fresh garlic, scotch bonnet pepper, scallions and carrot
- Step 3 cook for 1 to 2 mins. Add bell peppers, eggplant, cherry tomatoes, garlic powder, paprika and salt
- Step 4 cook for 3-5 mins. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 5 Add sliced sausages, plantain and butter. Cook for 1-2 mins, whisk eggs and add. Cover and cook for 5-8 mins until the eggs starts forming together.
- Step 6 Remove from stove, sprinkle with grated cheese, cover and bake for 15 – 20 mins or until cheese has completely melted
- Step 7 do not burn cheese.
- Step 8 Remove and set aside to cool. Place a serving plate, over the top of the pan and flip Frittata to the plate. Slice and Serve.
- Step 9 Your Food is Ready!!