This is one recipe that warms my heart. In January I decided to be Vegan for 21 days and I fell in love with the lifestyle. Although I am not completely sold or ready to go on a plant based journey, it has certainly influenced the way I eat or prepare my food.
This recipe is one of the many experiments I came up with while trying to explore more plant based meals; plus who does not love Plantains I mean😋 its versatility knows no bounds. I have manipulated this fruit in many ways and I hope to share more on my blog 😀
From the sweetness in the Plantain and the texture, this is one recipe that just works and you definitely have to try this! A fresh new perspective and taste to Pancakes. In this blog post, I will be showing you 3 ways to enjoy my fluffy DELIICIOUS Plantain Pancakes.
Let’s get to it 👊🤟
Pancake Ingredients: Serves 2-3 People
- 1 Ripe Plantain
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 Tbsp Brown Sugar
- 1 tsp of Salt
- 1 ½ – 2 Cups of Coconut Milk (any milk will work)
- 2 Tsp of Baking Powder
- ½ tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Blend Plantain until completely smooth. Add your sugar and salt and blend until completely incorporated.
- Add your flour and mix with milk until you have reached desired consistency.
- Add your baking powder and mix until completely incorporated. And now add your vanilla extract; do not over mix at this point.
- Coat Pan with Oil on medium heat and when hot, cook pancakes for 3-4 mins on each side.
- Your Plantain Pancakes are ready!!
Simple Tomato Garlic Sauce:
- 1 Can Diced Tomatoes
- 3 Cloves of Garlic
- 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- ½ Tbsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1 tsp Crushed Chili Flakes
- 1 tsp Black Pepper
Plantain Pancakes & Shrimps Ingredients: Serves 2 people
- 5- 6 Shrimps (or any fast cooking protein)
- 1 Tbsp of Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tsp Chili Flakes
- 2 ½ tbsp Tomato Garlic Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Butter
- Heat up Pan with Olive oil and season shrimps with salt and chili flakes. Cook Shrimps for 1-2 minutes.
- Add your tomato garlic sauce and butter and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Garnish with Parsley and cook for an additional minute.
Plantain Pancakes Dessert: Serves 2-3 people
- 1 Can Coconut Cream (Whipped)
- 1 Lbs Semi Sweet Chocolate
- ¼ Cup Whole Milk/Heavy Cream/Evaporated Milk
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- Toasted Coconut Flakes
- Any Fruit topping
- To make coconut whipped cream, chill in the refrigerator your can of coconut cream for 2-3 hours or more. Scoop only the cream on the top without the coconut water, place in a bowl and whisk with your electric mixer. For sweetness & flavor, add 1 tbsp of confectioners sugar and vanilla extract and whip for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- To make your chocolate ganache, heat up your milk in the microwave for 45secs- 1 minute; you want your milk warm enough to melt chocolate. Add warm milk to chopped chocolate, allow to sit for 2-3 minutes and whisk until completely incorporated and smooth.