Pork Chow Mein
April 28, 2018
: 10 min
: 20 min
: 30 min
- 700g of Pork stir fry strips
- 450g of Dry Chow Mein Noodles
- 2 Green Bell Peppers (deseeded and sliced)
- 1 Large Carrot (cleaned and sliced thinly)
- 5-6 Scallions (sliced)
- Chili & Garlic Paste (store bought)
- 2 tbsp of Mirin
- 2 tbsp of Dark Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- ¼ Cup of Hoisin Sauce (dry measuring cup)
- 2 tbsp of Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp of Sriracha (optional)
- 2 tbsp of Sesame Oil
- 4 tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- Sesame seeds ( for garnish)
- Step 1 In a big pot bring water to a boil. Place noodles in a bowl and add boiled water, separate the noodle strands with a wooden spoon or tongs. Allow noodles to sit in hot water for 3-5 minutes or until tender. Drain and rinse in the sieve with running water until cold. Place in a dry bowl and toss with sesame oil and set aside.
- Step 2 In a small bowl, combine properly your brown sugar, mirin, soy sauce, dark soy sauce and hoisin sauce. Set aside.
- Step 3 In a large Wok, heat 2 tbsp of oil on medium high heat and stir fry pork meat in batches for 3-4 minutes or until browned. Drain out any liquid and set meat aside.
- Step 4 In a clean large Wok, heat 2 tbsp of oil on medium high heat add your scallions and carrots and stir fry for 2-4 minutes. Add your bell peppers, chili and garlic paste, sriracha, mixed sauce and stir fry for an additional 2-4 minutes. Add your pork meat with noodles, properly combine together and stir fry for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Step 5 Your food is ready! Top with sesame seeds