Quick BBQ Skewered Chicken with Baked Potatoes & Peppers
July 23, 2017
: 20 min
: 1 hr 5 min
: 1 hr 25 min
- 1 and ½ lbs of Chicken thighs (cut in cubes)
- 4 white potatoes ( sliced with skin on)
- 1 tsp of Black pepper
- 1 tbsp of Hot Paprika
- 1 tsp of Garlic powder
- 1 tsp of Granulated Onion
- 1 and ½ tsp of Italian Seasoning
- 1 and ½ tbsp of Seasoned Salt
- 2 Bell Peppers (Chopped into big chunks)
- 1 medium sized red onion (Chopped into big chunks)
- ¼ cup of Olive Oil
- BBQ SAUCE:
- 4-5 tbsp of Ketchup
- 1 tbsp of Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tbsp of Soy sauce
- 1 tsp of Granulated onion
- 1 tsp of Garlic Powder
- ½ tsp of Ginger Powder
- ½ tsp of Black Pepper
- 1 tsp of Hot Paprika
- 2 tbsp of Sugar or Honey
- 1 tsp of Lemon Juice
- 4 tbsp of Olive Oil
- ½ tsp of Sesame Oil (optional)
- A pinch of Salt
- Step 1 Preheat Oven to 400 degree F. Place bamboo skewers into water,this will prevent it from burning when you place on the grill.
- Step 2 To make BBQ sauce, mix all ingredients in a small pot and leave to simmer for 4-5 mins on medium low heat. Place into refrigerator to cool fast.
- Step 3 Slice Potatoes in a bowl, add bell peppers, onion and the rest of the seasoning. Mix properly, place on baking dish, cover with foil and bake for 35-45 mins.
- Step 4 Marinate chicken with BBQ sauce in a sealed zip lock bag for 30 mins in the refrigerator. Reserve some BBQ sauce for basting.
- Step 5 Place chicken cubes into bamboo skewers with any garnish of your choice. Lightly oil the grill on high heat and cook on both sides for 6-8 mins each. Flip the skewers frequently and baste with reserved BBQ sauce and cook until brown and crispy if you like.
- Step 6 Your food is ready!!