I know you all missed me 😁. I have been off my blog for a while now, well let’s just say life hit me. I got a second job and am back in school and it has been really challenging balancing everything all at once; I hope you all have not forgotten about the food disciple 😰 because this blog is my everything. Anyway, I am back now with more delicious recipes that you can enjoy. For the next couple of weeks I will be posting quick easy recipes that you, your family and friends can enjoy 😋.
In the kitchen today is no other than my very own quick and easy grilled chicken recipe. Well clearly summer is officially over L and it is getting really cold and windy, but that does not mean you can’t enjoy delicious summer foods 🍗🍔🍢🌽. What I really love about this recipe is that you do not have to break your bank for ingredients and store bought BBQ sauce, most of the ingredients are already in your kitchen pantry or refrigerator. Without the use of a grill or a grill pan, your chicken can still get the same smoky flavor you get when bbqing or rather just close enough 😥. This recipe can be paired with any meal such as rice, fries, pasta etc. or you can enjoy as it is.
A side note, this recipe can be used on any part of the chicken, but in my post today, I will be using chicken quarters. There are 2 methods that can be used for this recipe which will be provided below.
Now let’s get to it. Enjoy!!
Quick & Easy BBQ Chicken
- Chicken Seasoning:
- 1 tbsp. Italian herbs mix
- 1 tbsp. smoked Paprika
- ¼ tsp. black pepper
- ¼ tsp. dry ginger
- ¼ tsp. dry garlic
- 1 tbsp. ground pimento/All spice
- 1 Seasoning cube (optional)
- BBQ Sauce:
- 2 tbsp. ketchup
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 3 tbsp. sriracha (hot sauce)
- 1 tbsp. Dijon Mustard.
- Parsley flakes (optional)
- Step 1 Cut your chicken quarters in half and wash thoroughly. Place your quarters in a small or medium size pot and add all the ingredients, add salt as desired. Do not add any water as the meat will produce its own stock
- Step 2 allow to cook for 8-10 minutes, so the seasoning can penetrate into the meat and also cook the insides.
- Step 3 In a separate bowl add your ketchup, honey, Sriracha and Dijon mustard, mix properly. You can add another spoon of honey for more sweetness and glaze
- Step 4 Once the chicken is ready transfer into your bbq sauce, use your hands to carefully massage the sauce into the chicken. Cover and let it sit for 15- 20 minutes or more if you have the time
- Step 5 Pre-heat your oven to 350 Degree F on broil. Place chicken in a casserole dish, with the inside facing up and sprinkle some parsley flakes as desired.
- Step 6 Allow to cook for 15 mins, baste with your bbq sauce and cook until browned.
- Step 7 When it is browned, flip to the other side and repeat same process in no. 5. Cooking the chicken in a casserole dish helps it retain its moisture unlike step 7.
- Step 8 For a more authentic bbq feel, place your chicken directly on the grill and cook on both sides until browned. Follow the same process as no.5.
- Step 9 Grill chicken for 30 to 40 minutes.
- Step 10 Important Notes:
- Step 11 I parboiled my chicken in this recipe for two reasons. Firstly, I really do not like under cooked chicken 😝😡, you know the ones that look good on the outside and bloody on the inside.
- Step 12 Secondly, it takes about 40 minutes for your chicken to completely cook and 20 minutes into the cooking time, the chicken skin will start to burn because of the honey. When you parboil your chicken, it cuts the cooking time which will also prevents the chicken from completely burning before it is properly cooked.
- Step 13 For those who wish to skip the boiling process, add your ingredients to the bbq sauce mixture and marinate for an hour or more. Preheat your oven to 330 Degree F on broil, so the chicken can cook form the inside out.
- Step 14 To intensify the smoky flavor, I bumped up my oven to 450 degree F for 5 mins, when my chicken was completely cooked and ready.