I hope you all had a beautiful Christmas! Mine was just lovely, I spent time with my friends and family, had amazing meals and dessert and lastly I rested. It was just a well rounded day for me and I achieved and reached every point of satisfaction I could wish for on Christmas day. One of the dishes that graced my table for lunch is this beautiful tray of Cornish Game hens and I served it with potatoes and carrots.Cornish Game Hen is basically a young immature chicken, it is smaller and easier to cook in my opinion. Oh My! 😋 Just marvelous, very juicy, properly seasoned and deeeliicious!😍 This is one meal that was greatly enjoyed and will definitely be a constant for special occasions in my home. It is affordable and fast to prepare, it does not require too much preparation or a certain level of expertise to prepare, this can be prepared by literally anyone. To achieve this meal, follow the instructions below 👇👇👇
Now let’s get to it.
Roast Cornish Game Hens
- Cornish Hen (2)
- 4 White Potatoes (cleaned and wedged)
- 2 Medium sized Carrots (cleaned and cut in chunks)
- 1 Stick of Unsalted Butter (Softened)
- 1 tbsp of Paprika
- ½ tbsp of Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp of Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Seasoning Cube (Chicken Flavor…optional)
- 2 Lemon (wedged)
- 1 Garlic Head
- 2 Medium size Yellow Onion (cleaned and cut in chunks)
- 2 Sprigs of Rosemary leaves
- 2 Sprigs of Thyme
- 1 and ½ cups of Chicken Stock
- Step 1 Preheat oven to 350 degree F.
- Step 2 In a bowl, combine butter, paprika, cayenne pepper, black pepper, seasoning cube and salt. Mix and set aside. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 3 In a baking tray or dish, add your carrots, potatoes, lemon, onions, 1 sprig of thyme and rosemary. Lastly add your chicken stock into the baking tray or dish.
- Step 4 Clean your hens and make sure it is completely dry. Gently rub your hens with your marinade and properly coat all areas of the hen. Into the cavity of each hens, place a lemon wedge, an onion quarter,.half a garlic head, 1 sprig of rosemary and 1 sprig thyme.
- Step 5 Place marinated hen in baking tray and place into oven for 45 mins to an hour. Roast until hens are golden brown or completely cooked.