I hope you are having a nice day. Today’s recipe is a quick meal you can whip up in no time, yet it still feels like you are eating from a fancy restaurant in your own home. My simple but rich Seafood Tomato Sauce will do the trick anytime with maximum satisfaction. As always, this dish is affordable and not time consuming at all. I was able to get all the ingredients from an Asian grocery store and we know how affordable they are. The seafood is from the frozen section but if you can afford fresh seafood by all means go for it, the fresher the better.
I served my rich thick sauce with steamed rice, so delicious my gawd! with every spoon there was a little snail meat and shrimp in it. I paired my leftover sauce with pasta as well as grilled potatoes. This is one meal you just have to try, and you’ll be testifying to its goodness. For all my seafood lovers, this is a win; continue reading to try this recipe.
Now let’s get to it.
Seafood Tomato Sauce
- 1 Cup of Cleaned Deveined Shrimp
- 1 Cup of Clams
- ½ a Cup of Frozen Snail Meat
- 1 Can of Diced Tomatoes
- 2 Red Bell Peppers
- 5-6 Dry Chili Peppers
- 1 Shallot (thinly sliced)
- 2-3 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 1 Chopped Scallion (white parts only)
- 1 tsp of Cumin
- 1 tsp of Italian Seasoning
- ½ tsp of Black pepper
- ½ tsp of White Pepper
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 Seasoning Cube
- Cameroon Pepper (optional)
- Parsley (for garnish)
- 3 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Step 1 Boil hot water and add to clams and snail meat. The clams will pop open
- Step 2 allow to sit in hot water for 5 mins. Drain and set aside. Clean snail meat properly before adding hot water.
- Step 3 Blend tomatoes, bell pepper and dry chili pepper. If you want the heat to be mild reduce quantity of chili pepper to 2 or 3.
- Step 4 In a saucepan, add olive oil on medium heat. When it is hot, add scallion and shallot. Stir for 1-2 minutes and add minced garlic
- Step 5 continue stirring for another 1-2 minutes and add tomato mixture.
- Step 6 Cook tomato mixture for 6-8 minutes then add seasoning. Add salt according to preferences. I added Cameroon pepper to add flavor, I love the unique flavor it gives to the sauce. Stir properly and allow to cook for an additional 7-9 minutes. Taste and adjust seasoning with salt.
- Step 7 Add Seafood and leave to simmer for 5-7 minutes until all ingredients marry together with the seafood. You can make the texture of the sauce thin or thick
- Step 8 I made mine thick. Keep in mind the sauce gets thicker when it is cooling.
- Step 9 Garnish with Parsley and your food is ready!!