I hope you are having a great week! It has been a while since I posted a recipe on the blog, and I did not want to leave you all hanging. So here is a simple recipe to my Skillet Roast Chicken. It is easy to prepare,with easily sourced ingredients and most importantly deeellicious!😋 I used a skillet because it gives the chicken a nice smokey flavor once the liquids dry out and it begins to char a little, as well as a crispy browned skin. Now who doesn’t love a properly seasoned chicken with crispy skin to bite on; I know I do and I am sure at Zinny Factor your readers will love this recipe too😊. I paired this with couscous and my pepper sauce, and it was just wonderful. You can pair this with pretty much any side of your choice, it’s one of those things you have fun with. To achieve this recipe, click on the link below and keep reading.
Now let’s get to this
Simple Skillet Roast Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken (cut into pieces)
- 1 tsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of Chili peppers (optional)
- 1 tsp of Black Pepper
- ½ tsp of White Pepper
- 1 and ½ tbsp of All purpose Seasoning
- 4-5 Sprigs of Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1/4 cup of Chicken Broth (recommended for more flavor but optional)
- 1 Medium Carrot (cut into chunks)
- 1 Large Onion (cut into chunks)
- 1 Head of Garlic (with the skin)
- 2 Lemon (cut 1 into wedges)
- ¼ cup of Olive oil
- Step 1 Clean and dry chicken. Place chicken parts in a bowl.
- Step 2 Add your seasonings except vegetables, lemon and thyme. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 3 Cover with plastic wrap and let marinate for at least an hour, for best result 5 hours or overnight.
- Step 4 Preheat Oven to 370 F degrees
- Step 5 Place vegetables,lemon wedges and chicken parts into your skillet, squeeze half a lemon juice on top of chicken and top with fresh thyme.Add chicken broth to your skillet.
- Step 6 Place skillet in your oven for an hour and 30 mins or until it is fully cooked, browned and skin is crispy.
- Step 7 Your food is ready!
- Step 8 Serve with any side of your choice