I hope you are having a great week! Today’s recipe is perfect for a nice Sunday lunch or dinner with your friends and family. I had this deliciousness on Sunday for lunch with my friends. They came over for the weekend and I just had to treat them right😃. I know this recipe is a bit late on the blog but definitely worth it. It is super easy to prepare and quick, that is how I like my meals to be. I am always busy and also like to eat good, so I am always into recipes that will not keep me in the kitchen for more than 2 hours tops;😏 okay an 1 hour 30 mins during the week, I can spend my entire day in the kitchen during the weekend💃. As a lover of food, I appreciate the intricacy when it comes to food preparation and I know good quality food takes time and patience. Zinny Factor I am sure this is a recipe your readers will love, I can not keep this deliciousness away from your readers 😁
Now let’s get to it.
Spicy Red Thai Curry
- 2 lbs of Cervettes (cleaned with head on)
- 2-3 tbsp of Thai Red Curry Paste
- Coconut milk (750 ml)
- 1 Lemon Grass
- 1 Red Bell Pepper (sliced)
- 1 Cup of Baby Corn
- 6-7 Dry Chili Pepper
- 1 tbsp of Palm Sugar (or Regular Sugar)
- Basil Leaves
- 1 tbsp of Fish Sauce
- 1 tsp of Sesame Oil
- 1 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 1 Lime
- 3 tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- Step 1 Clean and prepare Cervettes and Vegetables. Cut baby corn in half or leave as a whole. Slice bell pepper and lemon grass. Cut Chili Pepper in half or leave as a whole.
- Step 2 Heat pan on medium heat. Add vegetable oil and when it is hot, add red curry paste and stir fry for 1-2 minutes. I used store bought red curry paste, it is so much easier and less stressful.
- Step 3 Gradually add your coconut milk and stir until both ingredients marry together. Allow to cook for 1-2 minutes and add your vegetables.including dry chili pepper.Simmer for 8-10 minutes. Add your sugar, fish sauce, sesame oil, soy sauce and corvettes
- Step 4 properly stir and leave to simmer for an additional 5-7 minutes. Stir carefully to avoid shrimps from breaking apart.
- Step 5 Garnish with Basil leaves and about 1 tbsp of freshly squeezed lime juice and simmer for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Step 6 Your food is ready!!!
- Step 7 Serve with Rice or Pasta
- Step 8