Pork, Rice and Fried Plantain Stuffed Peppers topped with some Mozzarella Cheeesseee 😁
Love in my mouth and this was worth every second 😋
- 2 lbs Chopped Pork Meat
- 2 tbsp of Butter
- 1/4 Cup of Oil
- 3 tsp Garlic and chili paste
- 3 stalks of Chopped Scallions
- 2 Seasoning Cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Ginger powder
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground chili pepper
- 1/2 Chopped Green bell pepper
- 1/2 Cup of Lima beans
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Nutmeg (optional)
- Salt (according to preference)
- 2-3 Cups of Parboiled White Rice (washed)
- 1/2 Cup Meat Stock/water
- 2 Plantains (cubed & Fried)
- 1 Cup Mozzarella cheese
- Season meat with 1 tsp of salt and set aside. I use Kosher salt. PS: Wash and dry meat before use.
- Heat butter and oil in pan until hot, add your meat and cook until browned.
- Add your scallions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add your garlic and chili paste and cook for 1-2 minutes. Now add your seasonings: (Italian seasoning, seasoning cube, nutmeg, ground chili, coriander, onion powder, bay leaves). Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add your Lima beans and bell pepper and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add your washed rice and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add your meat stock or water, cover with foil to steam until soft. Adjust your seasoning with salt if needed and add your fried plantain, stir and leave to steam for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Preheat Oven to 375 F. Butter your baking tray, and bell peppers and season with salt. Add your rice in pepper, cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes. Remove and top with mozzarella cheese, place back in oven uncovered for an additional 6-10 minutes.
- Your food is ready!