It’s World Pizza Day! To celebrate, I am bringing you 2 pizza recipes that will knock your socks off. No matter what kinda pizza person you are, you are guaranteed lots of belly rubs with any pizza topping recipe you choose. It’s a weekday and […]
Tag: fried plantain
Pork, Rice and Fried Plantain Stuffed Peppers topped with some Mozzarella Cheeesseee 😁 Love in my mouth and this was worth every second 😋 Ingredients 2 lbs Chopped Pork Meat 2 tbsp of Butter 1/4 Cup of Oil 3 tsp Garlic and chili paste 3 […]
Fried Plantain in Spicy Tomato Sauce with Goat Cheese
- Plantain- 3 (Diced)
- Tomato Sauce- 1 1/2 Can (1 can is 680 ml)
- 1/4 Cup of Butter
- 1 Large Onion (Chopped)
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (Chopped)
- 2 tbsp of Chili Pepper Flakes
- 1 tbsp of Paprika
- 1 tsp of Kosher Salt
- 1 1/2 Cup of Chicken Stock
- 1 1/2 tbsp of Sugar
- 1 tbsp of Bouillon Powder
- Basil Leaves (Chopped)
- 3 Eggs
- Goat Cheese
- Step 1 Dice your plantain and chop your onion, garlic and herbs.
- Step 2 Deep fry plantain until golden brown.
- Step 3 In a clean pot, heat your butter on medium heat. Once melted, add your onion and cook until slightly soft. Add your garlic and cook until garlic and onion has softened, do not allow your garlic to burn. Add your pepper flakes, paprika and salt, stir properly and cook for 2 minutes.Stir occasionally.
- Step 4 Add your tomato sauce, sugar and chicken stock, stir properly, cover and cook on medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until sauce reduces. Add your bouillon powder and fried plantains. Stir properly, cover and cook for an additional 3-5 minutes.
- Step 5 Using a spoon, create 3 holes and add your eggs, garnish with basil leaves, cover and allow to cook for 5-8 minutes or until egg whites have formed. If you do not want runny eggs, cook further until yolk sets. Finally add your cheese and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Step 6 Your food is ready!!