Summer Summer Summer Time 🎶Nothing screams summer like corn! Its almost corn season and I am all over it👍 Want something light, creamy and delicious for dinner? Wanna impress your guests at your next dinner party?Try out my Corn Coulis recipe. I served it with […]
Tag: how to
Gluten Free Protein Packed Pancakes? Yes Please! 🙋 Who knew Beans Pancakes could look and taste this good 😃 I am in love with this recipe and it has gradually become one of my favorite breakfast meal 😋😍 Try out my uberlicious Fluffy Beans Pancakes […]
Vegetable Stew- Jute Leaves/Ewedu/Molokhai Leaves
- Jute Leaves- 3 packs ( if you are not using spinach use 4 packs. You can chop leaves if you want).
- Chopped Spinach- A handful (optional)
- 4 Boneless Skinless Chicken thighs
- 6-7 Pieces of Prawns (optional)
- 5 Red Sheppard Pepper
- 3 Fresh Tomatoes
- 2 Scotch Bonnet Pepper (if u want less heat use 1 or take out the seeds)
- 3 Garlic Cloves
- 1 Sweet Onion- (extra ¼ cup diced)
- 1 Carrot
- 5-6 tbsp of Vegetable oil
- 500-600ml of Water
- 2 tbsp of All Purpose Seasoning
- 2 tbsp of Bouillon Powder (If using cubes- 2)
- 1 tbsp of Paprika
- 3 Bay Leaves
- 2 tsp of Kosher Salt
- Fresh Chili Pepper (For Garnish)
- Step 1 Blend tomatoes, red sheppard peppers, scotch bonnet pepper and half of the large onion. Put pepper mixture in a pot and boil until water dries out and it becomes a thick paste. Set aside.
- Step 2 Season chicken thighs thoroughly with all purpose seasoning on both sides.
- Step 3 Heat 2 tbsp of oil in a clean pot on medium heat and brown chicken on both sides. When chicken has been browned add your roughly chopped carrots, chopped onion (the other half) and crushed garlic cloves. Cook until vegetables become a bit soft and slightly browned. Add your water, bay leaves, salt and 1 tbsp of bouillon powder. Stir and cover on medium heat, cook for 10-15 minutes. Remove chicken and set aside, reserve stock.
- Step 4 In a clean pot, add 3-4 tbsp of oil to pot on medium heat. Add your diced onions and cook until soft. Add your cooked pepper mixture and fry for 5 mins, then add your paprika, bouillon, salt and fry for an additional 5-8 minutes. Add your stock, stir properly, cover and leave to cook on medium heat for 10-15 minutes or until oil begins to rise/float to the top. Taste for seasoning and adjust with salt if needed.
- Step 5 Add your jute leaves and chopped spinach. Stir properly and leave to cook for about 5 minutes. Add your prawns and sliced chicken thighs and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Step 6 Your stew is ready!!