It’s World Pizza Day! To celebrate, I am bringing you 2 pizza recipes that will knock your socks off. No matter what kinda pizza person you are, you are guaranteed lots of belly rubs with any pizza topping recipe you choose. It’s a weekday and […]
This is one recipe that warms my heart. In January I decided to be Vegan for 21 days and I fell in love with the lifestyle. Although I am not completely sold or ready to go on a plant based journey, it has certainly influenced […]
Pork, Rice and Fried Plantain Stuffed Peppers topped with some Mozzarella Cheeesseee 😁
Love in my mouth and this was worth every second 😋
- 2 lbs Chopped Pork Meat
- 2 tbsp of Butter
- 1/4 Cup of Oil
- 3 tsp Garlic and chili paste
- 3 stalks of Chopped Scallions
- 2 Seasoning Cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Ginger powder
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground chili pepper
- 1/2 Chopped Green bell pepper
- 1/2 Cup of Lima beans
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Nutmeg (optional)
- Salt (according to preference)
- 2-3 Cups of Parboiled White Rice (washed)
- 1/2 Cup Meat Stock/water
- 2 Plantains (cubed & Fried)
- 1 Cup Mozzarella cheese
- Season meat with 1 tsp of salt and set aside. I use Kosher salt. PS: Wash and dry meat before use.
- Heat butter and oil in pan until hot, add your meat and cook until browned.
- Add your scallions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add your garlic and chili paste and cook for 1-2 minutes. Now add your seasonings: (Italian seasoning, seasoning cube, nutmeg, ground chili, coriander, onion powder, bay leaves). Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add your Lima beans and bell pepper and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add your washed rice and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add your meat stock or water, cover with foil to steam until soft. Adjust your seasoning with salt if needed and add your fried plantain, stir and leave to steam for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Preheat Oven to 375 F. Butter your baking tray, and bell peppers and season with salt. Add your rice in pepper, cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes. Remove and top with mozzarella cheese, place back in oven uncovered for an additional 6-10 minutes.
- Your food is ready!