Its Black History Month!! And you know what I love the most about February? Is that we get to celebrate and showcase the range of beauty, genius and culture of some of the most remarkable people to walk the earth. I love being Black, I […]
Tag: the food disciple
This is one recipe that warms my heart. In January I decided to be Vegan for 21 days and I fell in love with the lifestyle. Although I am not completely sold or ready to go on a plant based journey, it has certainly influenced […]
Pork, Rice and Fried Plantain Stuffed Peppers topped with some Mozzarella Cheeesseee 😁
Love in my mouth and this was worth every second 😋
- 2 lbs Chopped Pork Meat
- 2 tbsp of Butter
- 1/4 Cup of Oil
- 3 tsp Garlic and chili paste
- 3 stalks of Chopped Scallions
- 2 Seasoning Cubes
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tbsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Ginger powder
- 1 tsp Ground Coriander
- 1 tsp Ground chili pepper
- 1/2 Chopped Green bell pepper
- 1/2 Cup of Lima beans
- 1/4 tsp of Ground Nutmeg (optional)
- Salt (according to preference)
- 2-3 Cups of Parboiled White Rice (washed)
- 1/2 Cup Meat Stock/water
- 2 Plantains (cubed & Fried)
- 1 Cup Mozzarella cheese
- Season meat with 1 tsp of salt and set aside. I use Kosher salt. PS: Wash and dry meat before use.
- Heat butter and oil in pan until hot, add your meat and cook until browned.
- Add your scallions and cook for 2-3 minutes. Add your garlic and chili paste and cook for 1-2 minutes. Now add your seasonings: (Italian seasoning, seasoning cube, nutmeg, ground chili, coriander, onion powder, bay leaves). Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Add your Lima beans and bell pepper and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes. Add your washed rice and stir fry for 2-3 minutes. Add your meat stock or water, cover with foil to steam until soft. Adjust your seasoning with salt if needed and add your fried plantain, stir and leave to steam for an additional 1-2 minutes.
- Preheat Oven to 375 F. Butter your baking tray, and bell peppers and season with salt. Add your rice in pepper, cover with foil and cook for 20 minutes. Remove and top with mozzarella cheese, place back in oven uncovered for an additional 6-10 minutes.
- Your food is ready!
Let this bowl of Carrot Soup warm and bright up your day. Perfect for a cold winter or rainy day. My carrot soup topped with Chorizo, Cream and Scallions 😋 Ingredients 1 Lbs of Carrots ( chopped in chunks) 1 Celery ( chopped in chunks) […]
Summer Summer Summer Time 🎶Nothing screams summer like corn! Its almost corn season and I am all over it👍 Want something light, creamy and delicious for dinner? Wanna impress your guests at your next dinner party?Try out my Corn Coulis recipe. I served it with […]
Gluten Free Protein Packed Pancakes? Yes Please! 🙋
Who knew Beans Pancakes could look and taste this good 😃
I am in love with this recipe and it has gradually become one of my favorite breakfast meal 😋😍
Try out my uberlicious Fluffy Beans Pancakes 🥞 with these simple readily available ingredients. Let me know if you try this recipe and how it turned out; I have a recipe video as well, check it out!
- 2 Cups of Peeled Black Eyed Beans
- 1 cup of Milk (dry measuring cup)
- 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp of Baking Powder
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup of Sugar
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 1 tbsp of Olive Oil
- Mix all ingredients in a blender.
- Transfer in a mixing bowl and whisk for 1-2 minutes to incorporate air into batter.
- In a frying pan, heat pan on medium low heat. The pan is ready when you splatter a little water on the pan and the water dances around the pan and evaporates.
- Add 2 tbsp of vegetable or canola oil. Once oil is hot, use a ladle or cooking spoon and scoop your batter into pan. Pancake is ready to flip once the edges are dry and bubbles start to appear and pop on the top surface of the pancake. Flip and cook for an additional 1-2 minutes or until lightly browned. Repeat process with rest of batter.
- Your food is ready! Serve with fruits, butter and/or syrup