Today’s recipe is Texas peach tea. This recipe was inspired by Tiffani Thiessen from her show on the cooking channel and it is soo goood!!. I call this “my happy drink” because it tastes really good, but at the same time you are getting buzzed without even knowing it. I make this every chance I get, I had this at my Christmas dinner party and also yesterday at my Super Bowl get together. It is perfect for every occasion, great with fried foods and bbq’s.
Now let’s get to it.
Texas Peach Tea
- 5-6 cups of Water
- 1 and ½ inch of Fresh Ginger (peeled)
- 1 Cup of Sugar
- 2 Cups of Peach Nectar
- 2-3 Fresh Peaches (Sliced)
- 5 Tea Bags
- 700 ml of Tequila or Whisky
- 4 tbsp of Lime Juice
- Ice cubes
- Step 1 Place your water in a pot and bring to a boil with your fresh ginger. Add your tea bags and set pot aside and steep for 5- 6 minutes. Remove your tea bags and add your sugar and stir until dissolved.
- Step 2 Cool and discard ginger.Place tea in a pitcher or bottle. Add your nectar, tequila, lime juice and stir. Add your peach slices and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Step 3 Serve with Ice and enjoy!
Recipe inspired by Tiffani Thiessen from her show Dinner at Tiffani’s