I hope you all are having a great week so far. So in collaboration with Zinny’s Factor, here’s another delicious quick recipe you can prepare for work. Fried rice is loved by everyone! I mean!! Its fried rice; one of my favorite is Thai spicy fried rice. So the story behind what motivated me to learn how to make Thai fried rice is just interesting. So on a nice Friday evening after getting my hair done, I was on my way back home when I started craving shrimp Thai fried rice and deep fried chicken just the way I like it 😍😋(perfect combo). I recently moved to a new city, so am still finding my way around town including restaurants. So I found a Thai restaurant downtown not too far from my apartment; it was a little after 9pm, keep that in mind. I walked in, grabbed a menu and started getting myself familiar with their food choices, I found myself contemplating if the calorie intake was worth it this late. In that moment, I told myself it was not worth it and I stepped out. I literally took 2 steps and I found myself running back, yes i’m weak like that when it comes to food 😀. Standing at the door, I realized I could not get back in, only for the server to tell me they were closed. Am like what do you mean closed its just 9:30pm at this point and they close at 11pm; so what was their reason 😠 I still do not have a clue until today, but this got me super angry and pumped. Anyway I had to go back home, hangry and unsatisfied and I told myself I was going to spend that weekend learning how to make Thai fried rice. Now here you have this, its super fast and easssyy. You can make this as much as you want, as long as you have the sauces and eggs in your refrigerator, you are good to go. To cut the long story short, here is my spicy shrimp Thai fried rice recipe.
Please be sure to visit Zinny Factor for your daily dose of ideas and solutions on how you can maximize productivity within your workplace.
Now let’s get to it.
Thai Shrimp Fried Rice
- 1 lb of Fresh Tiger Shrimp (deveined)
- 2 cups of Jasmine rice
- 2 cups of Mixed Vegetables or any vegetable of choice
- Scallion (3 stalks and sliced)
- Yellow Onion (sliced)
- 4 Eggs
- 2 tbsp of Chili paste
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
- 2 tbsp of Sugar
- 4-5 tbsp of Oyster Sauce
- 5 tbsp of Soy Sauce
- 4-5 tbsp of Fish Sauce
- Basil Leaves
- Vegetable oil
- Step 1 Wash and cook jasmine rice. Set aside to cool. Make sure you cook the rice firm and not soft, use fork to stir.
- Step 2 In a Wok, add ⅓ cup of vegetable oil and when it is hot, scramble 2 eggs. Add shrimps cook for a minute until it turns pink. Add 1 cup of mixed vegetables, some scallions,yellow onion, garlic and 1 tbsp of chili paste. Stir fry for about 2 minutes.
- Step 3 Add rice, 1 tbsp of sugar, 2 tbsp of oyster sauce, 2 tbsp of fish sauce and 2 and ½ tbsp of soy sauce and stir fry to properly marry all the ingredients with the rice for about 3-4 minutes. Add basil leaves and stir fry for another minute. Make sure rice is room temperature or cool before stir frying.
- Step 4 Repeat step 2 and 3 for the remainder of the ingredients.
- Step 5 Food is ready!!