Today on the blog I am bringing you another recipe, Turkey Ragu and Penne topped with Parmigiano-Reggiano 😋. Heavenly!! All I can say is that the pictures don’t do this dish justice and hell yeah my waistline is in trouble; still worth it tho. I love me some pasta and this is definitely one dish you will want to try; trust me on this one. So with that being said, let’s get to it.
Turkey Ragu and Penne topped with Parmigiano-Reggiano
- 1 pound ground Turkey
- 1 chopped Onion
- 1 Cup of cut Carrots (Julienne)
- 1 and ½ cup of Whole tomatoes
- 3 Cloves of Garlic (Chopped)
- 1 and ½ tbsp of Italian Seasoning
- Chopped Parsley
- Black Pepper
- 1 Cup and ½ of Chicken Broth
- 1 Pound of Penne Pasta
- ¼ cup of Olive Oil
- 2 tablespoons of butter
- Freshly grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Chicken Seasoning Cube (optional)
- Step 1 In a hot pot, add your olive oil on medium heat and leave until it becomes hot. Add your ground turkey and cook until browned. Use your spoon and break the meat into pieces while it cooks.
- Step 2 Add Onion, Carrot, Garlic and Italian Seasoning
- Step 3 Season with Salt and Pepper. Cook until vegetable softens.
- Step 4 Add Tomatoes, Chicken Broth and Seasoning cube, properly stir and add more salt and pepper if needed. Allow to cook on medium low until ingredients properly incorporate together and the sauce thickens. You can use dry white or red wine in place of the chicken broth, still produces the same taste but intense flavor.
- Step 5 In a pot, bring water to boil for the pasta. Salt the water and add pasta and cook until al dente.
- Step 6 Reserve ½ cup of the pasta water, and drain pasta. Put pasta back in pot, add butter, half of the sauce, parsley, cheese and pasta water and toss properly.
- Step 7 Your food is ready!!
- Step 8 To serve, top pasta with more sauce and cheese.