I hope you are all having a great week. Today I will be sharing a quick recipe on the blog. This is my Indian style vegetable fried rice. It is very easy and fast to prepare and simply delicious. I paired this plate of deliciousness with my Grilled Red Snapper and it was just perfect! Party in my mouth 💃💃 In less than 30 mins literally anyone can achieve this.
Now let’s get to it.
Vegetable Fried Rice (Indian Style)
- Steamed Basmati Rice (2 cups, cooked and cooled)
- 1 Cup of Bell Peppers (chopped)
- 3 Stalks of Scallions (chopped)
- ½ cup of Yellow Onion (sliced)
- 1 Cup of Mixed Vegetables ( carrot, corn, and green peas)
- 2 tsp of White Pepper
- 2 tsp of Crushed Red Pepper
- 2 tsp of Cameroon Pepper (optional)
- 2 tsp of Cumin
- 1 tbsp of Sesame Oil
- 4 tbsp of Vegetable Oil
- 2 Seasoning Cubes (Chicken or Vegetable flavor)
- 1 tbsp of Sugar
- Step 1 In a wok, heat 2 tbsp of vegetable oil and when hot add some yellow onion, some scallions (white parts only). Cook for 1-2 mins on medium high heat.
- Step 2 Add ½ a cup of bell peppers and ½ a cup of mixed vegetables
- Step 3 saute for 1-2 mins. Add 1 tsp of white pepper, crushed red pepper, Cameroon pepper, cumin and ½ tbsp of sugar. Saute for 1-2 mins and add one seasoning cube and salt. Saute for an additional 2 mins. Add salt according to preference.
- Step 4 Add 1 cup of steamed rice and mix gently, adjust salt and pepper if needed and add ½ tbsp of sesame oil and scallions (green parts only). Stir fry on medium high heat for 2-4 mins. Repeat process with the remaining cup of rice and ingredients.
- Step 5 Your food is ready!!
- Step 6
- Step 7 Serve rice with any choice of protein